Author Topic: BHUNA FROM START  (Read 20563 times)

Offline ifindforu

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
BHUNA FROM START
« on: November 08, 2011, 08:54 PM »
Ok I know some of you like to make meals quickly and not comercial way so ill give you this recipie
after watching the take aways bosses wife cook it in front of me,and I eat it later
MUST BE AN  ALIMINIUM FRYING PAN
1 onion chopped fine 3 tomatoes cut into pieces 4 chillies cut up, 1 tablespoon garlic ginger paste 80% garlic 20% ginger
do not peel the ginger when making this paste ,Put into frying pan and with half cup of oil,start frying
when all is on the go frying add half desert spoon of kashmir masala now it needs 2 desert spoons of eastern star curry powder keep frying and moving about not to burn.It must be fried until its like paste all fried down,now add your pre cooked meat and finish off with some fresh coriander hope you ENJOY

Offline PaulP

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: BHUNA FROM START
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 09:04 PM »
Hi Ifindforu,

Interesting post thanks, but a quick search for eastern star curry powder and I could only find 10 kg tubs of a chinese curry powder. Does that sound like the same stuff?

Thanks,

Paul

Offline chewytikka

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 09:46 PM »
Wow, that's one dry bhuna, ifindforu
cheers Chewy

Offline jb

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 09:58 PM »
Ok I know some of you like to make meals quickly and not comercial way so ill give you this recipie
after watching the take aways bosses wife cook it in front of me,and I eat it later
MUST BE AN  ALIMINIUM FRYING PAN
1 onion chopped fine 3 tomatoes cut into pieces 4 chillies cut up, 1 tablespoon garlic ginger paste 80% garlic 20% ginger
do not peel the ginger when making this paste ,Put into frying pan and with half cup of oil,start frying
when all is on the go frying add half desert spoon of kashmir masala now it needs 2 desert spoons of eastern star curry powder keep frying and moving about not to burn.It must be fried until its like paste all fried down,now add your pre cooked meat and finish off with some fresh coriander hope you ENJOY

Thanks for posting another recipe Ifindforu.You did say you were going to post some new information on your revised base gravy recently including one very big secret that we're all missing.....hope you haven't forgot.....thanks

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 10:51 PM »
Why can't i see the pic???? :'(

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 10:56 PM »
Why can't i see the pic???? :'(
I don't think there is one : if you look at the source code, all that gray space at the bottom is just
 elements ...

Offline ifindforu

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 02:54 PM »
Hi Ifindforu,

Interesting post thanks, but a quick search for eastern star curry powder and I could only find 10 kg tubs of a chinese curry powder. Does that sound like the same stuff?

Thanks,

Paul
thats the one i will be putting 8 ounce packs on ebay shortly but yes you can only buy it in 10 kilo tins but this is the real mcoy

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2011, 03:16 PM »
Hi Ifindforu,

Thanks,

Paul
thats the one i will be putting 8 ounce packs on ebay shortly but yes you can only buy it in 10 kilo tins but this is the real mcoy

I've noticed that Chinese Chef's use this brand of Curry Powder as well,  ;)

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2011, 06:23 PM »
ifindforu,

many thanks for adding this.

it's very different to anything i've made before and well looking forward to trying it out.

i will use my norm curry powder (rajah hot madras).

i thought i'd not got kashmir masala but realised i think it's basaar which i keep on stock and use a lot.

Offline madeinbeats

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2011, 06:53 PM »
Can someone explain the importance of an aluminium pan please?

©2024 Curry Recipes