Author Topic: Hello from Buxton Derbyshire  (Read 1820 times)

Offline Yakmandoo

• Chef
    • View Profile
Hello from Buxton Derbyshire
« on: November 12, 2011, 08:23 AM »
Hi all first of all id like to say what an amazing website!!! i feel like ive found the holy grail :D
     Ive already had a stab at a few things from the website such as :- The belting Balti ,which came out spot on on apart from next time i will half the cinnamon. ive also made 2 batches of chicken tikka using Dipurajas marinade , id have to say this was exactly like takeaway tikka :D, lastnight i also made a large batch of Dipurajas seek kebab ,these were a complete success and had the family arguing who had , had the most!!!!
    Dunno about peoples location but ive been buying all my stuff from worldwide in Manchester , cracking little asian store they seem to stock everything.
   Anyways thats all for now.

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Buxton Derbyshire
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 09:53 AM »
Welcome to CR0.  Congratulations on your successes so far and good luck with the many yet to come.  We always appreciate pics of the end results too :P ;D

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 09:55 AM »
Hi YMD,

Welcome to cr0.  Good to hear that you're having fun and success with the recipes off here.

Worldwide in Manchester?  I don't think I know of that one (I'm from Manchester BTW), whereabouts is it?  I usually do all my shopping at ASM in Ashton-under-Lyne.  They do everything but meat (very strict Hindu's I believe), they even have a cafe/restaurant on the side, and an Asian fashion boutique at the back.

Some great camping areas around the Buxton area, not that I'm an expert.

Ray :)

Offline Yakmandoo

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 10:44 AM »
Thanks for the welcomes guys, to Razor worldwide is on slade lane in Longsight roughly at the traffic lights where Slade lane meets the A6 and the railway goes over the top, great shop all the asian lads at work use it and swear by it also theres a HALAL butchers in the back got me mince n chicken from there also, btw Razor where is ASM in Ashton bit easier for me to get to.
     Yeah some great camping and walking to be had around my neck of the woods , i can reccomend the main campsite in hope you can order a takeaway from the curry cabin and they will deliver to your tent ;)

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 11:02 AM »
Hi YMD,

i can reccomend the main campsite in hope you can order a takeaway from the curry cabin and they will deliver to your tent ;)

Really, they actually do that? That's amazing :D

To be honest, I usually take a long one of my own precooked curries and reheat it on site.  I just love seeing the reaction of other campers when they get a waft of a good Jal frezi up their noses, especially when they're tucking into incinerated burgers and under cooked sausages.... ;D

As for the ASM in A-U-L, here's the address;

Address:   75-83 Oldham Road,
Ashton-under-Lyne, Lancashire. OL6 7DF
Phone:   0161 3394744

http://www.transportdirect.info/Web2/JourneyPlanning/JourneyDetails.aspx?cacheparam=2

That may be of some use.  It's virtually facing the entrance to the bus station, and not far from IKEA.

Ray :)

©2024 Curry Recipes