Author Topic: Garabi Maker  (Read 19086 times)

Offline madmatt

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Garabi Maker
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2011, 02:53 PM »
Looks interestin CT,

Here is one that is half the price of the cuisinart one.BTW I have a cuisinart rice cooker.Very expensive, and I dont rate it at all!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Prolectrix-Soup-Smoothie-Maker/dp/B005FW5AFI/ref=sr_1_17?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1321714225&sr=1-17

Matt

Offline Curry Barking Mad

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2011, 05:45 PM »
Garabi maker? Where does that strange word come from? Why not call it base sauce?

Out of the mouths of chef's George,......

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2013, 02:56 PM »
Hi Mike,

Did you ever got yourself a jug blender? I'm looking for one myself at the moment and was looking for recommendations.

Both the warring and the cuisinart  seem quite good, the question is whether they will blend/cook well enough :)

Any alternative jug blenders of good quality (even if pricey) are welcome.

Offline Aussie Mick

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2013, 03:39 PM »
I missed this thread completely at the time.

Chewy, if you have the dosh, get yourself a "Themochef" it's less than half the price of a "Thermomix", but I have cooked many succesful bases in it. Throw everything in, and forget about it, then press another button to blitz it up.

Can't comment on these other machines, but the Thermochef is a copy of the original Thermomix (which is now out of copyright), Very powerful, torquey motor that should last decades rather than months.

Ours now has a very hard life at our shop, it blitzes up fruit/nuts/coconut for Peshawari mix with ease. I killed a domestic food processor trying to do the same Pesh mix the very first time I tried it.... :o

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2013, 03:46 PM »
That looks amazing AussieMick, however 700

Offline Aussie Mick

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2013, 03:53 PM »
Is that 700 pounds Goncalo???

I paid less than 700 AUSSIE Dollars, and they even threw in a spare jug (valued at $150).

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2013, 01:24 PM »
Any alternative jug blenders of good quality (even if pricey) are welcome.

NOT the Lidl/Silvercrest at

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2013, 02:59 PM »
AussieMick:

Is this it?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Barbel-ThermoChef-Natura-Thermal-Blender/dp/B00AVW7D70/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1376056708&sr=8-1&keywords=thermochef

Phil,

Thanks, I don't know about LIDL's over there, but our LIDLs here don't appear to restock stuff that has already sold and I'm afraid I missed the opportunity. I'd imagine for the lassi you are adding ice as well? If so, then I'd imagine that can require a more reliable blender.

Offline Aussie Mick

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2013, 05:43 PM »
AussieMick:

Is this it?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Barbel-ThermoChef-Natura-Thermal-Blender/dp/B00AVW7D70/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1376056708&sr=8-1&keywords=thermochef

That's the one Goncalo. Can't believe it's 700 quid when it was less in dollars down here in OZ......AND with a spare jug thrown in.

Great piece of equipment though.

Just out of interest, does anyone know how much a "Thermomix" is in UK/Europe. They are $1996.00 here in OZ, hence my decision to go for the Thermochef.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2013, 05:57 PM »
Thanks, I don't know about LIDL's over there, but our LIDLs here don't appear to restock stuff that has already sold and I'm afraid I missed the opportunity. I'd imagine for the lassi you are adding ice as well? If so, then I'd imagine that can require a more reliable blender.

Well, it has a specific "smash ice" mode (no lock, use short pulses only) and that has been used consistently to break up the ice cubes, which were also weighed to ensure that they do not exceed the machine's limit of 180gm of ice.  From the smell and symptoms, I suspect the triac or thyristor has gone down, but if I attempt a repair it will, of course, invalidate the warranty, so it will just go back for refund.  Ah well, back to the trusty Kenwood Major; let's hope I don't b@gg@r that up, because without it I would be up sh1t creek without a paddle !

** Phil.

©2024 Curry Recipes