Author Topic: You'll never guess ... well, actually you lot will! :-)  (Read 2633 times)

Offline DeeDee

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
You'll never guess ... well, actually you lot will! :-)
« on: November 26, 2005, 01:49 PM »
So I'm over in Yankee-land as you may know and this past Thursday was Thanksgiving.  Don't ask, something to do with giving thanks that it was so easy to wipe out the indigenous population or something.

Anyway, it's traditionally Roast Turkey, Roast Pots, Stuffing, Gravy, Cranberry Sauce and Veggies (aka garnish).  We had invited folks so we had to do a good job!  So my lady asks me while I washing out the bird if I can think of anything interesting to to do for the meal this year.

"What sauce can we do as well as gravy? Something different."

"Hmmm," says I, looking at the freshly frozen curry base in the freezer, "Leave it to me!"

So of course, it was curry base to the rescue and I just made a meatless sauce with mild spices (well, I had to think of the poor Yankee guests didn't I?)  Anywayz, it was wonderful.  A great way to add an extra dimension to a dish which is pretty bland, even if it is well roasted.

My lady was convinced too so it's on the menu for Christmas!!

I'm not planning Korma Ice Cream but it's funny how well a sauce can work with just about anything!

:-)

DeeDee

Offline Mark J

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: You'll never guess ... well, actually you lot will! :-)
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2005, 05:12 PM »
You had curry gravy on roast turkey?!?

Offline raygraham

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2005, 07:48 PM »
Well, you know they bung "curry sauce" on their chips up here in Yorkshire thar knows tol lad!

An it's reet gud too!

Ray

Offline DeeDee

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2005, 06:34 PM »
Ah, chips in curry sauce, with a fried egg on top!  Now you're talking my language.  Born in Manchester, then off to Leeds, then Scotland, now NYC!  Despite all the miles, there's nowt as grand as Lancashire land!

:-)

DeeDee

©2024 Curry Recipes