Author Topic: Ashoka Cook School  (Read 2574 times)

Offline ELW

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Ashoka Cook School
« on: November 25, 2011, 07:24 PM »

http://www.ashokacookschool.com/
They have been running at Motherwell College for a few months
Has anyone been or know anyone who has? If so are the recipes their cookbook versions?
Regards
ELW

Offline alarmist10

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Ashoka Cook School
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 05:25 AM »
Sorry ELW, but I'm several thousand miles away from Motherwell, so I can't answer your questions!  But it just strikes me as one heck of a good business idea from the Ashoka bunch.  In a way I'm surprised that no other BIRs have gone for the same model - except maybe the Ashola group is a big enough organisation to be able to do this.
What an excellent extension to their existing business, though.  Not only do they run the restaurants but they teach their customers (and maybe a few competitors!) how to cook the same way.  Does it bring in extra revenue? - I'd bet it does.  Will they lose restaurant business as a result? - I'd bet it's the other way round and that they attract more foot traffic to the restaurants!!
Big wins all round.  Well done, Ashoka!!
Best
al.

Offline gazman1976

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 09:34 AM »
The Ashoka at the mill in Darnley does the same, u basically get to see the chef cook and u have a go at making sum starters , they don't show u as much as u think

Offline ELW

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 12:44 AM »
I don't know exactly what is involved in this course, but the cynic in me reckons it smells a bit.agreed Al, I think also think it is a bit of a master stroke, it's no secret that a large amount of the curry eating British public generally could not  boil an egg, nevermind make a curry base, but they do want 'everything now!'..I suspect its the cookbook stuff with no mass production methods, so would sumise that (cr0 Panpot's kitchen experience) may be a thing of the past at Ashoka. For what its worth, years ago, I was given a recipe for Chinese curry sauce by the Chinese lady at my ta,(very similar to artistpaul cr0 recp,)she told me that I would only make it once or twice(open windows while making), then revert back to the ta.Im a keen cook, but thats exactly what I did(easy life syndrome) Sites such as cr0 are no threat to them in a fast food billion

©2024 Curry Recipes