Author Topic: New to site  (Read 1364 times)

Offline CardiffCurrylad

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
New to site
« on: November 29, 2011, 08:08 PM »
Hi all,
I have just joined the site and thought I would do just what it has advised and that's to introduce myself!
I'm Rob from Cardiff and I must say that this site does look the business :) I have been on other sites so have a general idea as well as compleating a 30 week (Indian home cooking course) in 2007. I must admit that it was nothing like you get in a BIR :(

I wounder if anyone could advise on the recommended base sauce that is reasonably hassle free to knock up?

Thanks guys..

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: New to site
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 08:56 PM »
Hi CardiffCurrylad,

And welcome to the forum. You'll find everything you need on here to start creating the kind of dishes you would expect from you're local TA, some now are even better than a lot of takeaways :)

I would suggest taz's base as a very simple and easy base to make. I would rate it as one of the best on here, but do try others as well. Just take you're time and gain confidence and progress :)

Good luck :)

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 07:27 AM »
Welcome CardiffCurryLad.  That course must have cost you a bob or two :o. Think you'll be happy with the results after you've made a base and a few curries from here Rob.  As 976 says Taz's base is easy to put together and delivers results and many swear by it.  Another to put on the Radar is CA's base.  Again has wide acclaim and plenty of reports and recipes for it to boot.  Keep us posted on how you get on.  We do like to see pics of the end results too ;)

Offline rajesh1

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 07:00 AM »
Hi friends,
my name is rajesh and I was new to this site.Came here to share some of the knowledge about the recipes.
wish me the best.

Offline Yakmandoo

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 09:07 AM »
Hi to Cardiffcurrylad , im newish to site and ive so far been using Dipuraja1 recipes and for me if your looking for that BIR taste they hit the spot!!! :D , his base gravy is really easy to make and for me has worked well, only trouble with Dips recipes is you need a LOT of pataks pastes , which i have now bought in bulk.
     A must try is his Chicken tikka marinade and his seek kebab for me a 100% BIR clone, ive also made his Chicken tikka balti 3 times now :P , anyways goodluck as i said im quite new and the only other ive tried is belting balti which was good but for me the cinnamon needed to be taken down 2 thirds.

Also hi to Rajesh1 but you need to start your own hello thread matey :)

©2024 Curry Recipes