Author Topic: Ifindforu secret mix powder  (Read 33527 times)

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Ifindforu secret mix powder
« Reply #80 on: December 19, 2011, 10:09 AM »
i made 2 off chicken tikka masala (without the tikka) on Saturday night.

the result was essentially the same. the mouchak produces a very good result. something in the infindforu (i think the curry powder) lifts the dish another notch.

the family were gutted that i did not make ifindforu tikka and i relented to doing it all again on sunday night. i also cooked a butter chicken (although i had no side by side -very nice).

the big surprise which i suppose i already knew is that for CTM to work it needs the extra flavour from the cooking of the tikka.

after 11 off curries i'm now out of base and the local restaurant offer is too good to miss - happily hanging up the pan till the new year.

had a fantastic week - many thanks to infindforu for giving this opportunity to learn a little more on our journey.

the simple conclusion is "it's a no brainer" for me - now got to find the link to Cambrian mobile foods

Parker21 CTM

LHS mouchak RHS infindforu (nb LH slighly darker down to being cooked 1st)

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 19, 2011, 11:01 AM »
i've added ebay member ID "suzypicknmix" as one of my favorite sellers.

out of stock by the looks of it for the moment.

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/suzypicknmix/

Offline PaulP

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 19, 2011, 06:53 PM »
There are 3 now listed:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EASTERN-STAR-CURRY-POWDER-USED-RESTAURANTS-CHINESE-INDIAN-/120831598324?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Food_SM&hash=item1c221fdef4

I was going to buy another but will give other cr0 members a chance first as I have enough to last a few weeks.
Remember you can buy it as pure curry powder or made into the mix powder so you have to put a note when you pay for it.

Cheers,

Paul

Offline ifindforu

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 19, 2011, 09:29 PM »
here are 2 empty pots which ive saved for over 20 years for the ingredients and recipes on the back.  at the time they made the best  curry i had ever cooked.

These food manufacturers must have a good idea how to blend a cracking good mix of 'curry powder', whatever name it's sold under. I can never understand why it seems to be the done thing for BIRs to change the balance by adding in more of the spices already present in what the manufacturers must consider a very good balance. I'm thinking, in particular, of coriander and cumin. It's interesting there's no turmeric mentioned on the list for the second pot.
would you like some GEORGE free, let me know ill get it off to you in the morning,you can compare then

Offline PaulP

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2011, 04:00 PM »
I bought one today, it looks like somebody else has bought one so there's only one left on the current ebay listing.

Paul

Offline DeadBeat

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 23, 2011, 12:21 PM »
I saw this too, late!!

Are you putting anymore on Ebay soon?

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 30, 2011, 02:50 AM »
Guys, sorry to be anal, but this (like many other posts recently) is NOT a recipe and should have been posted (and now moved to) the Supplementary Recipes CHAT section of the forum.

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 30, 2011, 11:27 AM »
So who is moving these post's then.....................You CA

Les

©2024 Curry Recipes