Author Topic: Admins?  (Read 5856 times)

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
Admins?
« on: December 01, 2011, 11:15 AM »
Just checking the site out & trying to get back to speed.

Have noticed that the curry king hasn't been active since April 04, 2011!

Questions;

Who is moderating his sections in his stead & what has happened to the guy?

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
Re: Admins?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 12:46 PM »
Im stunned, no answers from anyone?

This site seems to be bombarded with spammers & no one is dealing with it, I am very dissapointed to see this site go downhill so badly, very sad indeed, it used to be so active & alive, now it sees to be slowly dying.

I came back hoping to find much more than this  :(

Offline Ramirez

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 12:53 PM »
Yes, the lack of admins is a problem and something that has been spoken about several times. Not sure what Stew's plans are in terms moderators - the only active moderators are himself and George (although his role is purely for spam removal). I've put my name forward a couple of times as someone who would be willing to act as a moderator, but I've had no feedback.

Spam is being discussed in here: http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=6400.0

Offline Unclebuck

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 03:38 PM »
Darth you know the ins and outs of the forum PM Admin and get him to give you mod privileges

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 03:52 PM »
This site seems to be bombarded with spammers & no one is dealing with it, I am very dissapointed to see this site go downhill so badly, very sad indeed, it used to be so active & alive, now it sees to be slowly dying.

Yes and no. It's true we're under unprecedented attack at present but that's nothing to do with a 'dying forum'. I can't accept that, for a moment. It won't matter whether anyone else joins as a moderator, or reappears like Curry King. That will only put you in the same position as me. I understand I have as many privileges as anyone (apart from Admin) , but I still need to delete spam messages one by one, which is very time-consuming. I also know it would be risky indeed to give me Admin type access to deleting whole accounts. The problem, I guess, is that Stew is on holiday or otherwise engaged on other activities.

As for widening the scope of moderation to editing and censorship type duties, it's a completely separate issue.

I suggest we just go without the forum for a few days until Stew gets back to us.

How on earth can these people think that anyone would ever respond to this kind of 'marketing'. Perhaps it's more like pure vandalism and nothing to do with trying to sell Ugg boots or anything else.

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2011, 03:53 PM »
Yes, the lack of admins is a problem and something that has been spoken about several times. Not sure what Stew's plans are in terms moderators - the only active moderators are himself and George (although his role is purely for spam removal). I've put my name forward a couple of times as someone who would be willing to act as a moderator, but I've had no feedback.

Spam is being discussed in here: http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=6400.0

I can't believe that this spam has been going on now for 3 days!! What is going on and why isn't Admin sorting this out?

If it's a question of money to upgrade the site, I contributed ?30.00 a few months ago, never even got an acknolwedgement, which i don't really care about, but if it needs money to sort this out admin, then let us all know, or let us know if you don't have the time to sort this out and appoint a member who does have the time to keep this forum going and up to speed, especially with spammers please.....

There are so many members now, it would be a shame to let it all go downhill...........

I'm not a wizard with websites or computers, but if I can help in any other way, please let me know.

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2011, 07:36 PM »
I can

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2011, 07:49 PM »

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2011, 08:17 PM »
The point is George, there shouldn't only be a single administrator for a forum like this. Much as you like to defend Stew and refute CA's recent suggestion that he's lost interest, that is unarguably the case even if you cannot see it.

Even offering to help doesn't solve anything as I found I didn't even receive a reply when I tried.

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2011, 08:25 PM »
Just checking the site out & trying to get back to speed.

Have noticed that the curry king hasn't been active since April 04, 2011!

Questions;

Who is moderating his sections in his stead & what has happened to the guy?

No one is moderating any sections - this is exactly the problem and has been for as long as I've been around (not long in the scheme of things). I believe most members have become so used to the state of affairs they don't even notice how extraordinary it is.

©2024 Curry Recipes