Author Topic: Kushi Finished Dishes  (Read 6929 times)

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: Kushi Finished Dishes
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2005, 10:03 AM »
To make it a bit easier if you host the image with someone like imageshack they give you a "for forums" link to your image when you upload it, just cut and paste that into your post and it should work.? If you don't have a for forums link then George is correct in that you can just insert the URL to your image bewteen the IMG tag's hopefully you can see the image I have attached below:

cK

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2005, 11:04 AM »
Ray

This is a real mystery. I proved that it's possible to download your photo from your 'host' so it's not that the host doesn't allow photos to be loaded at cr0.co.uk.

Try copying, pasting and posting the following string AFTER REMOVING ALL FIVE *'s
For what it's worth (not sure) make sure it's all on one line with no spaces; not where I inserted *'s or anywhere.

[*im*g]h*ttp://img528.imageshack.u*s/img528/5628/kushifinisheddishes8gd.th.jpg[/im*g]

Regards
George

Offline Mark J

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2005, 12:52 PM »
Hi George,

There's no issue embedding a link to an image, the problem with the forum is recently it changed to not allow an upload of a an image file attachment.

Myself and Pete have done this quitre happily using exactly the same method in the past and it has been fine, now it isnt and its a technical issue with the forum, not user error.

cheers

Mark

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2005, 01:05 PM »
The other problem with not hosting the files on the forum is that we don't know how long they will be up on the external hosts, we could end up with threads disscussing images we can't see.  Lets hope the problem will be fixed sooner rather than later? ???

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2005, 02:10 PM »
There's no issue embedding a link to an image, the problem with the forum is recently it changed to not allow an upload of a an image file attachment

But there is an isssue, isn't there? Or am I missing a trick here? The whole focus of my messages was to try and get Ray to be able to display his images(s) like I've done 'on his behalf' from his same host - not mine, or hosted at this forum. I agree that the upload of an image to the cr0.co.uk server would be better if they have the storage and bandwidth, but it's not essential. I do share CK's concern about how long the images will remain on external servers.

Regards
George

Offline raygraham

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2005, 03:25 PM »
Right then,

Thanks again George, CK and Mark J,

Here is my attempt following your instructions.

Sorry it's the same old photo but if successful at least it has shown me the way.

Ray

Offline DeeDee

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2005, 05:59 PM »
I have no probs posting images as I own a URL (web address) and after I've put them up there, I link to them with the little IMAGE TAG like this ...

[ IMAGE TAG ] URL/folder/picture.jpg [CLOSED IMAGE TAG ]

Obviously you need to have some place to put the pictures, but once you've got that, it's a piece of cake. 

If anyone needs a palce to put curry images email them to me and I'll email you back the link to put in your psots. No problems!

:-)

DD

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Curry Recipes Site Owner
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2005, 10:27 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I did some modifications can you test and see if you can upload pictures?
I will set up a test thread in the pictures area so people can play around.

Stew 8)

Offline pete

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2005, 09:09 AM »
Hi Stew
? ? ? ? ?I just tried again uploading the old way
No Joy!

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2005, 09:41 AM »
Ive just tried to post a pic in the same way i have always done, using the additional options below the posting box & i got the avatar message.
Something has changed as this used to work all the time no probs.

©2024 Curry Recipes