Author Topic: Youtube  (Read 6342 times)

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Youtube
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2011, 11:04 AM »
 ;D ;D

I really don't know anything much about IT and the like, I usually leave that stuff to my kids, should I need a hand, but many thanks for trying to help a selfconfessed technophobe.

Ray :)

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2011, 11:43 AM »
;D ;D

I really don't know anything much about IT and the like, I usually leave that stuff to my kids, should I need a hand, but many thanks for trying to help a selfconfessed technophobe.

Ray :)

Glad to be of assistance Ray, I'm an MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) & its difficult for me at times too mate, I.T is a massive subject that covers a very wide collection of technologies  :)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2011, 12:35 PM »
If you wish to have a very free safe browsing solution set up a virtual PC on your machine & browse via this, any attack will infect the virtual PC operating system not your actual PCs O S & therefore any embedded nasty software will have no effect on your physical device, delete the virtual machine & install another, a bit long winded but is a really good free way to add an extra line of defence.  :)
Completely agree.  I have a new machine on order (i7, with 16 Gb RAM), and I am planning to use it in exactly that mode.  One VM for secure transactions (banking, stockerbroker, etc), one for normal use, one for risky use, and one as a server.  The "risky" VM will be trashed after every session.

** Phil.

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2011, 12:46 PM »
If you wish to have a very free safe browsing solution set up a virtual PC on your machine & browse via this, any attack will infect the virtual PC operating system not your actual PCs O S & therefore any embedded nasty software will have no effect on your physical device, delete the virtual machine & install another, a bit long winded but is a really good free way to add an extra line of defence.  :)
Completely agree.  I have a new machine on order (i7, with 16 Gb RAM), and I am planning to use it in exactly that mode.  One VM for secure transactions (banking, stockerbroker, etc), one for normal use, one for risky use, and one as a server.  The "risky" VM will be trashed after every session.

** Phil.

Good strategy Phil, plenty of sacrificial lines of defence.  ;)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2011, 12:57 PM »
Okaaaaaay,

1st question; What's an IMAP, is that like an IPAD but with maps on it?
2nd question; What's a seamonkey, and do they still swing through trees?
3rd and final question; What's an interface, is that where a Yorkshire shoves his meat pies?

Phil, dya think I should just stick with what I know? :o :o ::) ;D
Ey oop, lad : doos Mr Ludd still live in tha' parts ?  Thee'll need to catch oop wi' modern "teck-know-lodge-ee', as soom smart @rse in t'poob keeps tellin' we.  Has tha' got wireless yet ?  I 'ear that "2LO" is all t'rage these days.  And thaat noo tele-phone thingy, if Mr Bell can ever make it work reliable-loike, should really coot down on t'load for post 'orses ...

Ay, best stick to what tha' knows, lad : "'orses for courses", as t'carter always says ...

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2011, 09:59 PM »
Okaaaaaay,

1st question; What's an IMAP, is that like an IPAD but with maps on it?

2nd question; What's a seamonkey, and do they still swing through trees?

3rd and final question; What's an interface, is that where a Yorkshire shoves his meat pies?

Phil, dya think I should just stick with what I know? :o :o ::) ;D

Ray ;D

Typical bloody Manc...what's next eh? the wheel? :P

©2024 Curry Recipes