Author Topic: Glad I found you  (Read 3250 times)

Offline deelay

• Chef
    • View Profile
Glad I found you
« on: January 07, 2006, 11:48 PM »
Hi all my name is Kev and I'm from England, why am i here,
 well its because I'm addicted to curry and not just any curry but my own curry lol
I'm no cook and have never cooked anything in my life until 2 years ago i gave a curry a go. without internet help i cooked rubbish Curry's for over a year ( i never roasted my own spices , never used ginger,cumin etc you get the idea. So hear i am and hope to share what i have learned as well as push my skills forward.
and can i add this is by far the best site for information i have seen on the net, so if you don't mind I'll hang around if thats OK..

EDIT: ok i started reading and you guyz know your onions(sorry for the Phun) there is loads to read so much info so give me a few days and i'll start posting. loads of reading to do first.
regards Kev
« Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 12:07 AM by deelay »

Offline CurryCanuck

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
Re: Glad I found you
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 01:49 AM »
Welcome aboard deelay...enjoy the ride - there is a wealth of info on this forum and we are here specifically to help one another to improve our knowledge of BIR cooking .

CC

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 09:19 AM »
Welcome to our little corner of Curry heaven.
Here is a link to one of my Recipes, it looks complicated but its just a matter of chopping all the ingredients & cooking to make a base gravy.

The link also moves on to the recipe for Vindalloo/Tindalloo that is totally awesome or there is a Madras variant.. http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=673.0.

If its very tasty but not too hot (you make this as hot as you like) try making the base from above link then this second stage Curry....http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=692.0

Hope this gets you one the way,remember you'll need a base gravy anyway to get the best results so cook it up & freeze then decide which Curry to make mmmmmm :).

All the best .....DARTHPHALL.....

Offline raygraham

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 09:41 AM »
Hi Kev,

Nice to know you.
Take your time at reading there is so much here, makes a very large book in itself.
If you get just a few tips it would have been worth it.
Let us know what sort of stage you believe you are at. Can you get near to the restaurant curry yet?

Have fun and good cooking.

Ray

Offline Mark J

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2006, 11:26 AM »
Hi kev welcome

What kind of curries are you cooking at the moment then?

Offline deelay

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2006, 05:43 PM »
Thank you for the warm welcome..I'm gonna try Darthphall's curry on Thursday

ray's question:
Well i kinda got a local restaurants Dhansak down to near taste but then lost how to do it, i do have loads of recipes iv collected over 1 year of making internet curries, I have tried madras from lots of restaurants and they all taste different, so its hard to geta match on 1.
i make nice Currie as  i have prob make 2 home curries aweek or over 2 years its only in the last year iv started to get quite good

Mark J:
Hi Mark i like any curry I've tried them all bar a Phall and vinderloo. i like hot but I'm no chillie head.
I would die for a great homemade madras.

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2006, 06:01 PM »
If you like a more mild Curry deelay omit the chilli powder from the first stage/ base gravy then go for the 100% Madras or my Experimental dish it tastes v.v nice mate, with my base you can make any Curry you like it will make a good Dhansak,let me know how you got on.

.....DARTHPHALL.....

©2024 Curry Recipes