Author Topic: Hello from Spain  (Read 5912 times)

Offline mustafacurry

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Spain
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2006, 01:43 PM »
Hi nige52
I have been living in inland Spain for about 5 months now. When I first arrived here my spices were sent over from the UK, but I needed somewhere in Spain where I could purchase them from. I searched everywhere for them without much luck, or the spices I could find were in small bottles that didn't last very long. I have now sourced the spices (including fresh coriander) so if you would like me to send you some please get in touch. I have also started cooking takeaway curries for a couple of bars in the area and they have been very popular with the Brits. check out my website for further information www.chickentikkaway.com

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Curry Recipes Site Owner
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2006, 10:12 PM »
Hi Mustafacurry,

I like your website and if i was in spain would certainly come to one of your curry nights.
Can you share your recipes on this site if their not already on here?  I for one would like to see them.

Well done on the venture i hope its a success and you never know maybe one day you'll be running your own curry house....

Cheers,
Stew 8)

Offline mustafacurry

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2006, 05:31 PM »
Hi Stew
Thanks for that, I have posted my Chicken Korma recipe and I will post more of my recipes when I get more time.
The korma is very quick and does taste good although it's a bit too mild for me, I prefer a rogan josh.
Out of all the books I have read on curries (and i have read a lot) the best and nearest one to a real takeaway curry is the Chris Dillon one The Curry Secret that you have for download on your site. This is a great starter for anyone wanting to make real takeaway curries and once the reader has practiced the curries they can start to experiment a little with the amounts and variations of spices to make their own styles.

©2024 Curry Recipes