Author Topic: Garlic Chilli Chicken with Taz Base  (Read 7082 times)

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Garlic Chilli Chicken with Taz Base
« on: December 09, 2011, 12:15 PM »
Taz Garlic Chilli Chicken

This dish is base on the recipe posted by Unclebuck, so first of all credit to you UB. I have adapted it to suit the Taz base with which I

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Garlic Chilli Chicken with Taz Base
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 01:15 PM »
Hi Stephen which Bruce Edwards spice mix are you using, i have 4 different versions.
Very nice looking curry there, this is a must try for me, i have to say i like the charred bits on your Chicken Tikka.

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 02:43 PM »
Thanks to UB for the original and SL for the Taz version  update and refinements.  That looks a real tasty dish although i'd have to cook those peppers a little bit longer for my taste ;)  Haven't got any of Taz's base at the mo but i will try it to spec with Abdul's base and spice mix.  This dish could very well be the starting point for my next project -  South Indian Garlic Chicken once i've completed my North Indian Specail  ;D

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 04:08 PM »
Hi Stephen which Bruce Edwards spice mix are you using, i have 4 different versions.

cheers Unclefrank I use BE spice mix of coriander/turmeric/cumin/curry powder in 8:7:5:4 parts by volume.

Offline Unclebuck

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 08:17 PM »
Garlic Chilli Chicken is the one i have trouble looking past on the BIR menu. good effort Stephen  :)

Offline ELW

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 09:02 PM »
Hi stephen, how did you cook your tikka?, looks magic
elw

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 10:00 PM »
Garlic Chilli Chicken is the one i have trouble looking past on the BIR menu. good effort Stephen  :)

cheers UB!

Hi stephen, how did you cook your tikka?, looks magic
elw

ELW - I pre-heated the grill on nearly maximum setting then laid the tikka on foil and grilled both sides

Offline ELW

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2011, 11:34 PM »
I pre-heated the grill on nearly maximum setting then laid the tikka on foil and grilled both sides

the charred bits make all the difference, do you remove most of the marinade before grilling? I normally skewer  the pieces between two skewers & cook them suspended in the oven, so don't get the charred bits which isnt quite right

ELW

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2011, 12:11 AM »
ELW

No I don't remove any marinade, I dry off the chicken in kitchen towel before placing in the marinade and I find it sticks to the chicken quite well. I then lay the chicken on foil until charred one side then turn over with tongs and do the other side. You have to be quite watchful because if you overdo it you end up with dry charred chicken which isn't very tasty.

Offline alarmist10

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2011, 07:05 AM »
  Haven't got any of Taz's base at the mo but i will try it to spec with Abdul's base and spice mix. 

Hi CH
I have a freezer-load of Abdul's base just waiting for a new project, so I'll be really interested in your findings....unless I do it first, of course!!
al.

©2024 Curry Recipes