Author Topic: Garlic Chilli Chicken with Taz Base  (Read 7083 times)

Offline alarmist10

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Garlic Chilli Chicken with Taz Base
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2011, 07:21 AM »
Hi Stephen

That finished article looks mouthwateringly good mate!  I'll definitely be giving it a try next week.

Just to confirm...there's no frying of the spice mix in oil as we usually do, is that correct??  Taz's base as we know has a lot of oil in it, but as I'll be using Abdul's base that has much less, will I be better off adding more oil before I start??
al.

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2011, 11:04 AM »
Hi Stephen

That finished article looks mouthwateringly good mate!  I'll definitely be giving it a try next week.

Just to confirm...there's no frying of the spice mix in oil as we usually do, is that correct??  Taz's base as we know has a lot of oil in it, but as I'll be using Abdul's base that has much less, will I be better off adding more oil before I start??
al.

Spot on alarmist, the Taz base has enough oil in it that the spices fry rather than boil. I've used Abdul's base as well - I would say it has a bit more of a chilli kick and would therefore be excellent for this dish, with your extra oil added of course!

Offline stuart1

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2012, 12:20 PM »
Hi Stephen

Made this last night (left out the peppers and onions)mines was a little darker but the taste was so good.

Will definitely make this again..

thanks..

©2024 Curry Recipes