Author Topic: Help with Taz dishes please  (Read 1660 times)

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Help with Taz dishes please
« on: December 12, 2011, 07:20 PM »
I've had a bit of a "halleujah" (or however you spell it) tonight, as I've tried a Taz type technique in place of my normal Ashoka style madras.  By Taz type technique I mean starting with 200ml base in the pan plus powdered spice, tomato puree, chopped garlic and methi then reducing it down to a stiff paste before adding more base and the chicken, etc plus lemon juice.  The result was without doubt my best home cooked effort yet, notable for a pleasant sweetness and the lack of any uncooked undertones.

So... I want to explore and develop the Taz method.  Are there any video recipes I can refer to, as I'm unsure how far to take the first reduction.  I stopped at the point where the sauce was starting to stick to the pan, but could have reduced it further if I'd reduced the heat of the hob.

Also, any other recipes I can look for using Taz type approach?  Ie. Vindaloo, Dhansak, etc?

I should mention I wasn't actually using Taz base, but since the base I was using (Curry2Go) has a very high oil content I thought it would make a passable replacement, and it seems it did.  Well, I was happy with the result at least.

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Taz dishes please
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 12:37 AM »
natterjack - I've posted quite a few Taz dishes in the main dish section of the recipes so you should find some there.

©2024 Curry Recipes