Author Topic: Recomendations please  (Read 948 times)

Offline DeadBeat

• Chef
    • View Profile
Recomendations please
« on: December 16, 2011, 08:45 PM »
Hi All

I tried CA's base/spice mix and made several of his Jalfrezi, which were really very good and "almost" BIR.

I'm a little reluctant to change what isn't broke, but with such a wealth of recipes on this site, I think I'd be foolish to stick at the first one I tried!

Does anyone have any recommendations for a base/mix/recipe that would work well together? Our favourite dishes being dopiaza, jalfrezi, madras.

On another note...Chapati...I've tried several atta and never got one that was like a BIR chapati, until yesterday. I got some Pilsbury Atta after trying many others, and this one certainly comes the nearest for a soft, light chapati. Hope that helps someone in their search!

Thanks in advance for any recommendations

Offline PaulP

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Recomendations please
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 10:16 PM »
Hi Deadbeat,

Personally I liked the Taz and Chewytikka base sauces last time I used them. You won't find so many detailed recipes for most other base sauces as you will with CA's recipes. There are lots of other good base recipes on this site though. Ashoka, Saffron, Admin's base, Razor's base, Abdul's base just to name a few. Don't expect a massive change or improvement by switching recipes, though. I think you need to work at your own variation from recipes to find what you really like, and also to work at the cooking technique. It's all good fun and so long as you enjoy eating what you cook you're onto a winner.  :)

Cheers,

Paul

©2024 Curry Recipes