Author Topic: ready to cook poppadoms  (Read 15922 times)

Offline jamieb728

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: ready to cook poppadoms
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2011, 07:22 AM »
Hi

Thanks for the advise got stuck in the pub yesterday so didn't get round to cooking them will do them today and let you know how i get on ill try deep frying some and microwaving some to compare which i prefer might stick some picks up aswell.

Jamie

Offline gazman1976

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2011, 12:19 PM »
Hi Jamie u should make my spicy onions to go with your poppadums, recipe is in the side dishes section under gazmans amazing spicy onions

Offline jamieb728

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2011, 12:33 PM »
Hi

Right have finally done them i did try one in the microwave but didn't seem right so frying is the way forward for me can't believe how quick they cook it was literally in and out within seconds else they would burn any way here's my results.

chicken tikka madras and chicken tikka pathia to wash them down

gaz i will try your onions next time pub time now ;D

Jamie

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2011, 02:14 PM »
What a superb Sunday lunch ;D. Gazman's spicy onions are spot on to what i get at my local down in Essex :o. And they do go very nicely with the poppadums.  I would just scale down the chilli by 50%.  Sorry Gaz, I don't like that much heat in my "less spicey onions". ;D ;D

Offline jamieb728

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2011, 07:42 AM »
Well Gaza i did make some of you spicy onions but only added 1tsp of hot chilli powder and that was enough to give a nice kick, we don't get anything like them at the curry house i use its the usuall onion salad mint sauce mango  chutney and they have just started doing a tamarind sauce but i will recommend they add these to the list they are very moreish indeed will definitely be using them again top knot ch.

Jamie

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2011, 10:28 AM »
I must confess in all my years of eating BIR i have only been served ordinary madras poppadums deep fried.  I have never seen a flavoured poppadum (or masala, as the BIR's call them)  cooked this way.  They tend to have been cooked in the tandoor for a couple of seconds - the nearest we can get is to microwave them.  Nor have i ever tried this myself ::).
Based on this thread, and having a few packs of "Madhu's cummin (jeera) papad/pappadam" to hand, I thought I would try the microwave technique last night, and was delighted to discover that it is 100% successful.  I normally cook Rajah or TRS Madras pappadom, which definitely need deep frying, but these very thin masala papad really cook very well indeed in the microwave oven (no oil needed; about 40 seconds each side) and I will be using that technique for them in future without a doubt.

** Phil.
--------

©2024 Curry Recipes