Author Topic: Hi everyone  (Read 4265 times)

Offline deckitout

• Chef
    • View Profile
Hi everyone
« on: February 07, 2006, 09:59 AM »

Thought I better introduce myself.
I am Phil, living in Chelmsford Essex, trained as a chef over 24 years ago and have a diploma in french cuisine.
I work in the food industry but not as a chef
I have been a curryholic for thirty years now and have been cooking my own for approx 10 years on and off.

I joined curryhouse.co.uk approx 6 months ago and have now cooked just about every curry in the book, always looking
to improve and create new dishes and looking forward to interacting with you guys and swapping ideas

Phil

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: Hi everyone
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 12:06 PM »
Hi Phil,

What did you think of the curryhouse stuff and also whats your favorite home made curry?

Cheers
Steve

Offline deckitout

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 07:37 PM »

Hi Steve

Some of the  curryhouse stuff is very good, we have modified some of the recipes, my other half tends to do
CTM most weeks, we took out the Yogurt and replace with cream, also jiggled with the amount of creamed coconut.

My own fave is the Dhansak, I use both red and yellow lentils, increase the oil and sweeten more, getting closer
to my local BIR
The Rogan Josh is also very good and uses pureed pepper which certainly adds something.

Phil

Offline raygraham

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 07:48 PM »
Hi Deckitout,

If there is one curry I can do really well it is a CTM. I get great results time after time. The trouble is it isn't my personal favourite but does impress family and friends who all seem to like CTM's.

It doesn't seem to make a whole lot of difference which base I use as the end result always seems to taste the same. I suppose that is because you are adding a lot of extra flavours (cream ,coconut) that mask the taste of the base. I have also omitted the yoghurt and use cream instead just because it enriches it more.

I am going to try the curryhouse recipe book a bit more this year as I am also a paid-up member and have had some success with his recipes in the past.

Regards

Ray

Offline deckitout

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2006, 09:55 AM »

Ray

Would be interested in your CTM, is there a link or can you post

thanks

Phil

Offline extrahotchillie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2006, 12:27 PM »
Welcome
Hope you enjoy the site, just a thought seeing that you have done French cuisine, I know my request has nothing to do with curry but any chance of a good pepper sauce recipe.

I just can't seem to get it as good as they do in the restaurants unless I use a supermarket packet mix and add extra pepper & pepper corns etc.

Cheers

and enjoy the site  8)

Offline raygraham

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2006, 07:43 PM »
Ray
Would be interested in your CTM, is there a link or can you post thanks Phil

Hi Phil,

I have written down the recipe which actually comes from the Balti Kitchen Video so here it is. It includes the base sauce and Chicken Tikka which need preparing first.

I have also sent you a P.M.

Regards and good cooking

Ray

Offline deckitout

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2006, 04:40 PM »
Hi extrahotchile

I haven't done a pepper sauce myself but have two stonking recipies which I picked up fromm college

Pork fillet with roqurfort cheese, served with chile & lemon rice with lentils

and my version of Filet Beef strogonoff, botrh are really tasty, let me know if you want the recipes

Phil

Offline extrahotchillie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2006, 01:48 PM »
Yes please many thanks  :P

©2024 Curry Recipes