Author Topic: MDH powder  (Read 2523 times)

Offline welshuser

• Chef
    • View Profile
MDH powder
« on: February 07, 2006, 02:37 PM »
Seen this around the group and was wondering what it was? I think its a masala powder of some shape or form, any recipe's on how to make or where to buy? And if buy, what do I ask for?

thanks.

Offline raygraham

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: MDH powder
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 07:29 PM »
Hi Welsh Rune,

I believe MDH is a brand rather than a particular spice mix. See this website? www.mdhspices.com

If my memory serves me correctly one of our members "paast" brought this subject up before. It was in relation to a massala of spices in a box called "Kitchen King" and made by MDH.

Payal (paast) used it in a number of more traditional dishes she cooks. Perhaps she will enlighten you more if she sees this.

Do you have good asian shops near you? They may be able to tell you a bit more about where you can get it. I find it easily available in most large asian grocers up here in Yorkshire.

Regards

Ray

Offline traveller

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 01:18 PM »
Yes, Ray is correct....MDH is a brand of spices and they have all the different spices plus many spice mixes.  They appear to be geared towards traditional cooking as ther eis a different spice mix for almost each popular dish!  I brought up the masala called "Kitchen King" by MDH as it is a blend of many spices (maybe 22 or so!) - maybe it can be used as a replacement for garam masala or curry masala - not sure - but I use it in almost all my traditional dishes.
I have found MDH spices to be very "fresh" as they are packaged in sealed foil bags inside the boxes.

Payal

Offline welshuser

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2006, 10:39 AM »
Got it. much appreciate it folks. :)

©2024 Curry Recipes