Author Topic: IFINDFORU THE BIR OR T/A GURAVY /SPOT ON./ THIS IS MY FINAL BASE GURAVY  (Read 32027 times)

Offline ifindforu

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
2 KILO OF ONIONS THATS ABOUT 10 MEDIUM ONIONS
2 BUNCH OF CORIANDER STALK
1 CARROT
1/2 A WHITE CABBAGE
1 GREEN PEPPER
1 POTATO
1/2 CHEF SPOON OF COCONUT MILK POWDER OR 1/4  BLOCK OF COCONUT CREAM / COCONUT MILK POWDER PREFERED
1 TIN LIQIDIZED TOMATOES
1 CHEF SPOON VEG GHEE OR OIL OR GHEE AND OIL CHOICE IS YOURS GHEE IS BETTER THATS WHAT WE USE
SALT MAYBE 1/4 TO HALF CHEF SPOON
HALF CHEF SPOON OF TURMARIC
3 CHILLIES DECEEDED
METHOD

PUT IN A SAUCEPAN THE ONIONS,CARROT  AND,THE POTATO UNPEALED AND CUT
ADD THE GREEN PEPPER SLICED UP/ADD THE GHEE AND TURMARIC,AND 1/2 OF CABBAGE 3 GREEN CHILLIES DESEEDED
NOW FILL HALF UP WITH WATER,AND ADD SALT BRING TO BOIL SHIFTING ABOUT NOT TO BURN
ADD THE CORIANDER AFTER 10 MINS
REDUCE THE HEAT AFTER ABOUT  HOUR,TOPPING UP A LITTLE OF WATER ALONG THE WAY NOW ADD SOME COCONT MILK POWDER OR  1/4 BLOCK OF COCONUT CREAM OR MAYBE 1/2 TIN COCONUT MILK
AFTER 1 HOUR OF THE COOKING PERIOD NOW FILL UP WITH WATER AND BRING BACK TO BOIL
BOIL OR SIMMER ON LOW HEAT FOR ABOUT 2 HOURS
NOW TURN OFF HEAT AND LEAVE TO SETTLE LEAVE OVER NIGHT
I HAVE LEARNT THAT THERE ARE 2 PASTES FIRST IS GINGER/GARLIC RATIO 2 GINGER TO 1 GARLIC FOR GURAVY THEN GARLIC/GINGER TO COOK YOUR FAVORITE DISH RATIO 3 GARLIC 1 GINGER  /NEVER PEEL THE GINGER ONLY WASH IT
NEXT DAY

THIS IS CALLED TO BAGAR THE GURAVY
PUT ABOUT 1/4 LITE OF OIL IN A WOK GET HOT  AND ADD ABOUT 1 TIN TOMATOES LIQIDISED
FRY FOR ABOUT 5 MINS NOW ADD GINGER /GARLIC PASTE HALF CHEF SPOON/ RATIO 2 TIMES GINGER TO 1 GARLIC
FRY FOR ANOTHER 3 MINS,NOW ADD JUST OVER 1/4 CHEF SPOON OF MIXED POWDER COUNT 25 SECONDS
AND ADD IT TO THE SAUCEPAN THAT YOU COOKED THE NIGHT BEFORE
USE A HAND LIQIDIZER AND BLEND LEAVE TO COOK FOR ABOUT 10 MINS REDUCE HEAT FOR ABOUT HALF HOUR AND THE OIL SHOULD RAISE TO THE SURFACE NOW YOU GOT YOUR GURAVY
 ADD A LITTLE SALT/COCONUT MILK POWDER  SUGAR OR PREFERABLE GOOR TO YOUR TASTE.ALSO ADD SOME SINGLE CREAM FOR YOUR RIGHT COLOUR AND TASTE IF YOU FEEL IT IS TO THICK  MAKE IT THIN BY ADDING WATER SO THAT IT CAN BE FRIED DOWN IN THE FINAL DISH ( I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE SOME CREDIT TO CHEWY TIKKA AFTER SEEING HIS BASE,OF THE ADDING CABBAGE/GOOD ON YOU/ IVE TASTED THE GURAVY EHERE I WORK AND NEW THERE WAS SOMTHING MISSING  IT WAS WHITE CABBAGE ALL THE TIME

AN,ADD  1/2 TEASPOON  GARLIC PASTE 1/2 TEASPOON TOMATOE PASTE,A LITTLE SALT FRY FOR 2 MINS NOW ADD A DESERT SPOON OF R MIX POWDER STRAIGHT AWAY ADD YOUR GURAVY ABOUT 1 CUP FULL NOW FRY FOR ABOUT 7/8 MINUTES ADD CHICKEN/BEEF LAMB ALL PRE COOKED TO MAKE YOUR FAVORITE DISH OR WITH OTHER RECIPIES FOUND ON THIS SITE   
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 11:48 PM by ifindforu »

Offline gazman1976

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: IFINDFORU THE BIR OR T/A GURAVY /SPOT ON./ THIS IS THE FINAL
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 06:40 AM »
Nice post

But it isn't final without your recipe for the spice mix

Still a good post though

Offline rallim

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 09:17 AM »
Nice post

Still a good post though

I concur gazman. Being in Oz I won't be able to ship any of the "secret" spice mix over. Hopefully ifindforu will share the secret of the spice mix for free, just like many others on this wonderful free site has shared their knowledge for free including some authors of books and BIR chefs. After all that's what this site is all about unlike the other one that was about making money!
Geo

Offline ifindforu

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 09:28 AM »
Nice post

Still a good post though
wait to see perhaps ill reveal it in time for Christmas

Offline jb

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 09:45 AM »
Nice post

Still a good post though

I findforu I follow your posts will great interest(apart from the arguments lol!),my next curry feast will definately involve your base.It's a shame you haven't revealed your spice mix yet,I do hope you let us in on it.

Offline ifindforu

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 09:55 AM »
Nice post

Still a good post though
WATCH ON HERE BEFORE CHRISTMAS JB ILL SHOW WHAT THAT CHEF ROBBED YOU OF

I findforu I follow your posts will great interest(apart from the arguments lol!),my next curry feast will definately involve your base.It's a shame you haven't revealed your spice mix yet,I do hope you let us in on it.

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 10:02 AM »
WATCH ON HERE BEFORE CHRISTMAS JB ILL SHOW WHAT THAT CHEF ROBBED YOU OF

Way to go Girl  ;)  Merry Christmas ;D

HS

Offline PaulP

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
I nearly made this base on New Year's eve. Foolishly I started at 9:00 pm and by midnight the first stage was done and it was ready for the baghar the next morning. I left the pot (covered) in my out house overnight and it was about 6 degrees so I wasn't too bothered. The next morning I couldn't face stinking the house out as we were doing a traditional family buffet so I found my largest 4.5 litre tupperware container (it was a tight fit) and I froze the lot.

I'll get this made up and tested sometime during the week although the entire 4.5 litre frozen base could take time to defrost.

I've made it to spec so far but I'm a bit concerned about the 2:1 ginger/garlic ratio making the base taste too gingery. I appreciate that mostly garlic is added during the final cooking of dishes (3:1 garlic/ginger) so this might even up the score. But I am tempted to use 1:1 g/g for the base just so I don't have to bin the lot. I'd appreciate any opinions on this as I've made meals inedible (for me anyway) in the past by using too much ginger, and of course it can't really be removed.

Cheers,

Paul

Offline PaulP

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Thinking about it there's no way that half a chef's spoon of g/g paste at 2:1 ginger/garlic will make this amount of base taste overly towards ginger, so I'll stick to the recipe.

Cheers,

Paul

Offline ifindforu

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Thinking about it there's no way that half a chef's spoon of g/g paste at 2:1 ginger/garlic will make this amount of base taste overly towards ginger, so I'll stick to the recipe.

Cheers,

Paul

it dosnt tast of ginger as you have to fry them before adding to the guravy thats the way i was taught in my take away its the bagar way ,, MY curry IS like a BIR restaurant curry

©2024 Curry Recipes