Author Topic: CA's Simple Chicken Tikka Masala  (Read 55815 times)

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: CA's Simple Chicken Tikka Masala
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2012, 08:25 PM »
you mean blatant plagiarism :)

He he  ;)

Offline CardiffCurrylad

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2012, 12:15 AM »
Hi CA,
I made your ctm tonight and it was fantastic! I have to confess it is not a dish that I order although the children do & in their opinion it's up there with the best, "well done  ;) ". I used the same spice mix as yourself although the base was CT's. I was amazed how as soon as I added the base to the mix how it just exploded into this bright red colour  :)

I will get one of the kids to download a photo!! Far to complicated for me ha ha  ;D

Offline coffeetime

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2012, 04:42 PM »
Hi CA,

I just wanted to say i followed your recipe 99% (i used a Rajah tandoori spice mix and a Rajah Curry Mix (mild) instead of making yours - the ingredients are virtually the same in both and I figured BIR's will probably take this shortcut too) and the hurry was bloody amazing. 10/10.

For anyone else reading this recipe and contemplating it, give it a go!  I am in my mid 20's* and as far as  I am concerned this is an authentic BIR recipe - I would not be able to tell the difference if i had this and my local curry house's dish sat in front of me, genuinely!  This is restaurant quality (in fact better than some!). 

*I mention my age because i realise that older curry aficionado's keep mentioning the 'BIR's of old'...which i cannot comment on.   But for the current BIR taste of CTM this is the real deal.

Going to take some photos next time!

Thanks again CA - OK - I'll stop kissing your *** now :P

Tom.

Offline coffeetime

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2012, 04:44 PM »
As promised here's a photo of my best effort.  Taken on my phone so not amazing quality but I wasn't about to fish around for the good camera...this dish is too good!

Thanks again CA.

Offline Mark One

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2013, 08:48 PM »
Made this tonight and was deffo a winner thanks CA .. we all enjoyed it!

I followed the recipe with the addition of a tsp of mint sauce and a splash of lemon juice (personal regional preference) during the cooking process and am very happy with the result.

CA's simple base sauce was used with this.

Offline stryker_uk

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2013, 07:27 PM »
Just made this for tea and would like to do it again but I'd like to add more heat as it turned out very mild, what would you recommend please

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2013, 11:17 PM »
Which tikka marinade did you pick and which chilli powder did you use?

For creamier dishes I would only add chilli as a part of the marinade. If you are using kashmiri or deggi mirch, both relatively mild, up the quantity by 0.25 - 0.5 tsp or to taste.

Offline stryker_uk

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2013, 09:23 AM »
Hi Goncalo, I used the marinade as suggested in the recipe, including 1 fresh re chilli, but only made half as I was only making 2 TM's . The chilli powder I used was sweetsmart in Bristols hot chilli powder, I do have Kashmiri but thought that might be too  mild so didn't go for that. I doubled the Tikka Masala recipe as I was making 2 servings. I left out the food colourings, but would add them next time and couldn't get hold of mango powder locally yesterday, so had to miss that out, but again I want to add next time. Would it just be a case of adding some chilli powder in the dish, i felt the coconut/almond/texture was spot on, so it's just a case of a bit more heat and colour for me

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2013, 02:19 PM »
CTM isn't meant to have any real chilli heat - it's one of the reasons the dish is so popular. If you want to make it hotter just add more chilli powder but be sure to fry it out in oil at the start. The mango powder just adds sourness so you can substitute with a couple of squirts of lemon juice.

Offline stryker_uk

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2013, 06:03 PM »
Thanks Santa, will do, I'm not after hot, just medium, most of the TM's I've had from T/aways/restaurants have been medium, but this one turned out very mild, even the wife wanted it hotter!! quite new to this curry making, but I'm learning and I must say how helpful everyone has been, cheers

©2024 Curry Recipes