Author Topic: CA's Simple Chicken Tikka Masala  (Read 56220 times)

Offline m0rq

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: CA's Simple Chicken Tikka Masala
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2014, 10:14 AM »
Hi everybody,

I know this thread is quite old, but that

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2014, 11:17 AM »
Well done M0rq -- nice to see a positive critique of an older recipe.  Not something I am likely to try myself, but a good recommendation for others who like CTM.

** Phil.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2014, 12:10 PM »
the final dish was simply DELICIOUS. The kind of delicious that makes you want to lick your plate clean. As simple as this recipe is, the result was as near to my desired CTM as I could want.

This curry is the one you want to serve to your mother or your kids when they are not experienced hot curry eaters!

So you liked the taste if you are being honest (para 1 above) but you don't want to admit it (para 2 above).

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2014, 12:53 PM »
So you liked the taste if you are being honest (para 1 above) but you don't want to admit it (para 2 above).

George, I hate to shout, and I thoroughly enjoyed your company at the meal we shared with Michael, but in re the above, What Is Your Problem ?!

** Phil.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2014, 02:44 PM »

George, I hate to shout, and I thoroughly enjoyed your company at the meal we shared with Michael, but in re the above, What Is Your Problem ?!

Yes, it was a great evening and I hope we all meet again, before too long.

My comment here reflects my observation that mild curries seem to be ridiculed and 'real men' would only eat the hottest possible curries on a menu, like Vindaloo and Phal dishes. The Undercover guy also took that view, alienating a lot of potential customers. Macho or what? What have people who support that view, got to prove? Why can't they accept that Kormas and CTMs are almost certainly the most popular curries, as reflected by volumes stacked high on supermarket shelves, as well as dishes sold in BIRs? I'm not sure where m0rq stands because of apparently contradictory statements.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2014, 03:31 PM »
Well, I think I can understand M0rq's perspective, while not aligning myself with those for whom a 7 Pod Brown Pepper is a sine qua non of a Good Night Out.  I think that what M0rq is saying is that, yes, CA's Simple Chicken Tikka Masala tasted good, but he probably wouldn't order one for himself.  This seems a perfectly reasonable position to me :  there are many dishes on a BIR menu that might taste good to me, but I still probably wouldn't order them because (for me) simplicity comes first, which is why I tend to stick to {chicken | lamb} bhuna, Madras and dhansak, reshmi kebab and tandoori chicken (or mixed grill).

** Phil.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2014, 03:35 PM »
Yes, it was a great evening and I hope we all meet again, before too long.

OK, would you and Michael be up for a trip to Vijay's, Kilburn, at some point before Christmas ?  And if it goes ahead, are there any other London/Home Counties members who might like to join us ?

** Phil.

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2014, 03:38 PM »
I'm looking forward to it already...

Offline m0rq

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2014, 04:09 PM »
Good Lord.. let me explain:

What I was trying to say (as a non-native-English person, if that counts), was that WHILE COOKING I thought it would not come out very well (judging from the look and smell), and that AFTER COOKING I found the dish just delicious - so that was a huge surprise.

And I

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2014, 04:16 PM »
Good Lord.. let me explain:

What I was trying to say (as a non-native-English person, if that counts), ...

M0rq, your written English far surpasses that of many native speakers on certain other fora that I frequent.  I would personally not be able to find a single shred of evidence in your most recent message that you are not a native speaker who has benefitted [1] from a first-class traditional education, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.

** Phil.
--------
[1] Yes, I know pedants will argue that only "benefited " is correct; I prefer the form I have used.

©2024 Curry Recipes