Author Topic: CA's Simple Chicken Tikka Masala  (Read 56233 times)

Offline m0rq

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: CA's Simple Chicken Tikka Masala
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2014, 04:47 PM »
Phil,

thank you very much indeed. Yes, my first-class education in English included all the best, like Monty Pythons Flying Circus, Classic British Rock, NWOBHM, and all that fine stuff. Much much more than what they teach in school here, lol.

Cheers!

Offline LouP

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2014, 07:22 PM »
Best ever education then! Will try this recipe as my daughter will only eat CTM or no curry at all ????

Offline Madrasandy

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2014, 07:37 PM »
... my daughter will only eat CTM or no curry at all ????

Would be no good in my house then  ;)

Offline LouP

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2014, 07:21 AM »
[Would be no good in my house then  ;)]

Mine either, I have never made one, lol .....Such a bad mother  ::)

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2014, 03:00 PM »
New Wave of British Heavy Metal.....haven't heard that for a while. Good stuff though, Morq.

Don't listen to those who will tell you 'if it doesn't burn your mouth, it isn't worth making'. In fact, the opposite is true......if, after a few mouthfuls, your mouth is burning, then you can't taste anything after that; so you can't appreciate the subtle flavours that are involved in Indian cuisine.

To quote Andy

After eating the reaper on Friday I cannot recall how hot this curry actually was, the heat from the reaper was far hotter than anything I have ever tried thus masking the heat from the curry, I wish I had saved some curry now.

If you don't know how hot it is, then you don't know how it tastes, generally.

Offline Madrasandy

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2014, 07:32 PM »

After eating the reaper on Friday I cannot recall how hot this curry actually was, the heat from the reaper was far hotter than anything I have ever tried thus masking the heat from the curry, I wish I had saved some curry now.

My Garp McKorma ,I could taste everything in the curry , I just could not tell how hot it was because I had eaten a fresh reaper chilli ,anything I ate after that was never going to be as hot as the hottest chilli in the world  ;)
Your taste buds adapt as your heat tolerance builds, when I first started eating curries I could not eat a Madras, it would burn my mouth so much that I didnt enjoy it, but as I got used to the chilli heat/burn my tolerance grew, as did my love of hotter food  ;)

Offline Gav Iscon

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2014, 09:13 PM »
Don't listen to those who will tell you 'if it doesn't burn your mouth, it isn't worth making'. In fact, the opposite is true......if, after a few mouthfuls, your mouth is burning, then you can't taste anything after that; so you can't appreciate the subtle flavours that are involved in Indian cuisine.

If you don't know how hot it is, then you don't know how it tastes, generally.

I'm sort of partially in agreement with Andy as when I was younger (a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away), me and the missus spent about a year 'ramping up' our curries till a vindaloo was the normal order. Now we've slipped back down the temperature scale but after eating an 'approaching the limit' curry I do enjoy the radiant feel i get afterwards, like a comforting glow inside. Reminds me of this classic from Not The Nine o' Clock News,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk0WzCtF0yY

And I've always enjoyed the CA curries I've done in the past but I did this last year for my daughter and her boyfriend and I was very disappointed in it. CTM though is not a curry for me.

Online Kashmiri Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2014, 09:23 PM »
I've ordered a selection of fresh super chillies from Foo King Hot.  Hottest fresh for me so far has been naga from local supermarkets.  Very fiery and tasty, but the dried Ghost/Scorpion Butch-T flake I got from the Birmingham Chilli fest a while back was/is truly frightening, imo.  Interested to see how the fresh compares.  I like fruity.

Rob  :)

http://www.fookinghot.com/

Offline Gav Iscon

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2014, 09:34 PM »

http://www.fookinghot.com/

Flatliner Sauce, it just doesn't bear thinking about.

Offline Madrasandy

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2014, 09:41 PM »
They are fruity Rob, like a very intense chocolate habanero . Did you order the moruga scorpion? I looked on that site but they are out of stock on the Reapers.

I have just ordered from a local farm (yorkshirechillies.co.uk) -
1xNaga Viper ,
1x7 pot Brainstrain,
1x Moruga Scorpion,
1x Nagalah
1x Sr strain
2xCarolina Reaper

...but after eating an 'approaching the limit' curry I do enjoy the radiant feel i get afterwards, like a comforting glow inside.
Gav the hotter the chilli the more intense this feeling becomes, it makes the pain of the chilli heat worthwhile

©2024 Curry Recipes