Author Topic: Eastern star curry powder ?  (Read 21388 times)

Offline chewytikka

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: Eastern star curry powder ?
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2012, 03:21 PM »
Thanks ELW, be great to find if this is available.

Chans Ltd website is a bit 90's, just an overview etc... :-\
cheers Chewy

Offline noble ox

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2012, 03:54 PM »
Update on E star curry powder

I asked the seller on a well known auction site what was added to this mix to make it indian here is the response

Jalpur Gala Masala Jeera Dhania Paprika Haldi and small bit of Chilly powder these are the exact words so who is copying who?

Hi Martin The name on the ebay is    susypicknmix    is that the same  as ifindforu? if so I was not aware
Not sure what you mean by this noble ox?

The ebay seller is Ifindforyou, hence the spice mix given is the same as posted on here by him.

Martin

Online martinvic

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2012, 04:26 PM »
Yes mate, that be him. ;)

Offline ifindforu

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2012, 08:41 PM »
I would like to know what makes eastern Star CP, different to any of the other 10kg catering cp. It's not available here, but is at least 20% more expensive than Rajah Gold/ King Curry / Ship Brand etc. I would imagine it's superior somehow, going on the price alone. The catering brands are also unavailable in retail sizes/outlets, which leaves me wondering what they taste like(restaurant taste??), albeit it the small amounts used in a mix powder. Has anyone ever bought & used a 10kg catering CP for home use?

Regards
ELW
Hi ELW
Repeating myself again, but still don't get the idea of using ES Chinese curry powder in BIR, but hey... :D

I can't imagine anybody buying a catering 10kg tin of curry powder for home use.

But very interesting you mention Ship brand MCP, where have you seen this for sale in the UK, I'd love to get hold of some,
purely nostalgia, because I remembered the big green tins in the restaurants when I was a kid, but couldn't remember the name
until I asked around a few old Chef/Owner's and they said it was Ship but they can't get it anymore and haven't for years.

For me this would fine tune and complete my 70's curry base ;)

cheers Chewy
an excellent curry powder up north is Triton brand and i believe they sell that in 10 kilo tins and 2 1/2 kilo packs check it out

Offline ifindforu

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2012, 07:20 PM »
Thanks ELW, be great to find if this is available.

Chans Ltd website is a bit 90's, just an overview etc... :-\
cheers Chewy
Hey chewy why would the bir use ship brand,especialy coming from Chinese supliers i thought they don't get on with each other i dont see the reasoning

©2024 Curry Recipes