Author Topic: Cooking Lessons with Az  (Read 164816 times)

Offline solarsplace

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
Re: Cooking Lessons with Az
« Reply #440 on: March 02, 2012, 10:09 AM »
Hi Mark & Everyone

It is really nice to hear that you are enjoying the videos and getting benefit from them :)

There is some more content on film, unfortunately its mainly bits and pieces without a real beginning or end, such as parts of making the base gravy, red sauce, tikka and things like that.

I will try and upload this pick and mix compilation in the next few days, but everyone needs to remember that a lot of it won't be complete scenes, but maybe a few tips and tricks can be picked up from it?

Cheers

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: March 02, 2012, 03:54 PM »
Hi Mark & Everyone

It is really nice to hear that you are enjoying the videos and getting benefit from them :)

There is some more content on film, unfortunately its mainly bits and pieces without a real beginning or end, such as parts of making the base gravy, red sauce, tikka and things like that.

I will try and upload this pick and mix compilation in the next few days, but everyone needs to remember that a lot of it won't be complete scenes, but maybe a few tips and tricks can be picked up from it?

Cheers
Look forward to it Russ.  I'm sure we'll be able to piece things together which videos it relates to.  This may just confirm a few things for me on some of the Zaal stuff where my memory fails me ??? :-\

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: March 02, 2012, 04:31 PM »
Hi Mark & Everyone

Cheers

Hi Russ, probably still worth uploading even as bits and pieces as it might open the opportunity for a re-edit using my footage of the start of the base sauce recipe and your / jb's footage of the later stages. I believe there are ways of downloading YouTube videos and importing into editing software so would be happy to spend some time exploring possibilities.

Offline rallim

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: March 03, 2012, 10:08 AM »
I believe there are ways of downloading YouTube videos and importing into editing software so would be happy to spend some time exploring possibilities.

Hi natterjak

I use this free website to download from YouTube    http://keepvid.com/

No need to buy the keepvid program, the free option works a treat  ;)

Regards

George

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: March 03, 2012, 10:16 AM »
I have the free version of real player installed.  This gives you the option of downloading any youtube video you view ;D

Offline Whandsy

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: March 04, 2012, 05:51 PM »
Just a big thanks to the "fleet 5" for posting all the info from the zaal experience on here ;). I have just made my best chicken tikka jalfrezi to date with this cooking technique. Whilst i appreciate the necessary info has been on this forum all along, the emphasis on the spice cooking has just nailed it for me :) There was a bit of concern as to whether the spices were gonna burn as opposed to singe, but singe they did and the result was delicious  :)
I even got a few flames whipping up the edge of the pan :o
Thanks again

W

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: March 04, 2012, 06:07 PM »
Congratulations mate.  Any chance of posting the recipe W and a pic maybe ;D ??

There was a bit of concern as to whether the spices were gonna burn as opposed to singe, but singe they did and the result was delicious  :)
That risk is present every time i get the pan out ;D ;D .  Maybe given time and a lot lot more practice the consistency of results will come, hopefully  ::)

Offline Whandsy

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: March 04, 2012, 06:22 PM »
Congratulations mate.  Any chance of posting the recipe W and a pic maybe
Hi CH, no pics unfortunately as it looked pretty much like the others i make other than the taste was better.

Regarding recipe, chefspoon veg oil, i had some premade Zaal base (apart from indian bay, haven't tracked any down yet :'(), mixed powder was premade that i have from a takeaway, however i periodically make small amounts of others on here and they all seem to give similar results (imo). Watered down tom puree with a touch of tandoori masala in it, methi, deggi mirch, salt, precooked onion, homemade g/g blended with water and oil, coriander, precooked chicken tikka, finger chillis and half a tomato. Sprinkled with a pinch of jalpur GM a la curry2go at the end ;)

Happy days  :)

W

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: March 04, 2012, 06:28 PM »
I believe there are ways of downloading YouTube videos and importing into editing software so would be happy to spend some time exploring possibilities.

Hi natterjak

I use this free website to download from YouTube    http://keepvid.com/

No need to buy the keepvid program, the free option works a treat  ;)

Regards

George

Thanks George, and also to CH who posted a method for saving from youtube.  Will come in handy some time soon I'm sure.

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: March 04, 2012, 06:30 PM »
Just a big thanks to the "fleet 5" for posting all the info from the zaal experience on here ;). I have just made my best chicken tikka jalfrezi to date with this cooking technique. Whilst i appreciate the necessary info has been on this forum all along, the emphasis on the spice cooking has just nailed it for me :) There was a bit of concern as to whether the spices were gonna burn as opposed to singe, but singe they did and the result was delicious  :)
I even got a few flames whipping up the edge of the pan :o
Thanks again

W

Excellent news Whandsy - I've also been getting greatly improved results in my home cooking attempts after seeing first hand how to properly cook the initial stages of a BIR curry.  Absolutely cracking value, those lessons  ;)

©2024 Curry Recipes