Author Topic: Chicken Enchiladas - Mexican  (Read 1353 times)

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Chicken Enchiladas - Mexican
« on: January 15, 2012, 11:30 AM »
I literally threw these together on Friday night and they were fantastic, I just wish I had taken a picture of them now.

Chicken Enchiladas

Ingredients
6 Chicken Breasts
1 packet of ?Old El Paso? taco mix
3 tbsp Olive Oil
3 tbsp water
1 onion
? red pepper
1 tin tomatoes 400g
2 fresh tomatoes sliced
A dash of balsamic vinegar
Half tsp chilli powder (optional)
1 tsp sugar
1 big bunch of fresh coriander finely chopped
Salt & pepper
Bag of tortilla wraps
Mixed grated cheese ? Mexican with chilli (available from both Sainsbury?s and Tesco, Red Leicester, Cheddar.

Method
Cut the chicken into small bite size pieces.
Mix the taco seasoning with 2 tbsp olive oil and water, add the tin of tomatoes and add the chicken, mix well, cover and leave to marinade for at least 4 hours.

Slice the onion and pepper into small slices

Put 1 tbsp oil into a pan and cook the onion and pepper until soft, remove the chicken from the marinade leaving as much of the marinade behind as possible and add to the onion & pepper along with some of the freshly chopped coriander, brown the chicken and remove from the heat.

In another pan add the marinade, and sliced tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, sugar, remaining coriander and chilli powder if adding and cook the mixture until it forms a nice sauce.

Wrap the chicken/onion/pepper mixture in the wraps and roll to form the enchiladas, pour the tomato sauce over the enchiladas, then sprinkle the grated cheese on top.

Bake in a pre-heated oven 180C for 15 minutes and serve :)

©2024 Curry Recipes