Author Topic: Hello from the US!  (Read 6554 times)

Offline MissLister

• Chef
    • View Profile
Hello from the US!
« on: January 22, 2012, 05:50 PM »
Hello fellow curryholics!

I've been cooking curries at home for about 15 years, and I can't believe this is the first time I've run across this site!  Really looking forward to trying out some of your recipes, which are already looking amazing in the short time I've been browsing around the site.  Thanks for the info and the community!

MissLister

Offline ELW

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from the US!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 05:53 PM »
Welcome to cr0 MissLister, loads of information on here
Regards
ELW

Offline mr.mojorisin

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 06:01 PM »
a warm welcome miss
best site on interweb for curry
and totally free unlike some others ;)
a mine of information/debate/recipes
all the best
Cheers :)

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 06:44 PM »
Hi MissLister and welcome to the forum :)

What part of the US are you from? My girlfriend lives near Tampa in Florida :)

Offline MissLister

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 11:45 PM »
Hi again, and thanks for the warm welcome!  Am very much enjoying the forum as I prepare my first curry from the collected recipes (This one: http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=1442.0)

976bar, I live in Ohio, but I actually did live in Tampa for a year - ancient days, back in the late 80s.  Was just down in Florida 2 weeks ago to visit my dad a couple hours further south.  It's a welcome break from the weather up here this time of year!

Cheers!

Offline Yakmandoo

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 05:33 PM »
Hello MissLister and welcome, just had a look at your first choice of curry ....mmmmm lovely this was my first also :D , take note on the cinnamon quantities
Cheers yakmandoo

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 06:03 PM »
Welcome to CR0.  Look forward to hearing about your results from the "belting balti"  ;D . And pictures would definitely be a bonus.  Enjoy the site and all it has to offer 8)

Offline MissLister

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 06:21 PM »
...this was my first also :D , take note on the cinnamon quantities...

Interesting!  It was pretty much a random choice, other than looking at the sub-categories and thinking "Hmmm, a Balti sounds good!" I did read that the cinnamon might be a bit much, so I took the sticks out before I gave the base its final blending. Didn't think I'd make much progress on them anyway, with my cheap immersion blender.  Cinnamon did not come through as overpowering in the finished product.

Welcome to CR0.  Look forward to hearing about your results from the "belting balti"  ;D . And pictures would definitely be a bonus.  Enjoy the site and all it has to offer 8)

It was excellent, and my kitchen still smells divine!  IMHO, that's one sign of a real decent curry, when you can still smell it the next day, and it makes you happy.  ;D  Not much left to take pics of at this point, unless you want to see what's left of the base which is still in its pan, waiting to be stored somehow.  I think that's a question for another area of the forum - freezing vs. canning.  Hmmm.

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 06:54 PM »

It was excellent, and my kitchen still smells divine!  IMHO, that's one sign of a real decent curry, when you can still smell it the next day, and it makes you happy.  ;D  Not much left to take pics of at this point, unless you want to see what's left of the base which is still in its pan, waiting to be stored somehow.  I think that's a question for another area of the forum - freezing vs. canning.  Hmmm.
Totally agree about the divine smell.  My house always smells like an Indian Restaurant ;D.  Freezing or canning? Mmm, don't think we've got anything about canning on the site.  I can be wrong though ;).  Most of us freeze any left over base as i don't think many, if any of us have the ability to can.  Please tell us more ???

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 07:17 PM »
I'll have to give you my girlfriends address near Tampa, I've taught her how to make the meanest Garlic Chilli Chicken in Florida. She loves it!!!! lol :)

©2024 Curry Recipes