Author Topic: Hello from the US!  (Read 6550 times)

Offline MissLister

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Canning Curry Bases
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2012, 12:13 AM »
... Freezing or canning? Mmm, don't think we've got anything about canning on the site.  I can be wrong though ;).  Most of us freeze any left over base as i don't think many, if any of us have the ability to can.  Please tell us more ???

I do a lot of canning here; mostly tomatoes at the end of summer, because they are so abundant...  I have canned curry bases in the past, just a basic hot-water bath, not even pressure cooker bath, and they remained completely edible two years later when I dug them out and threw them in a pot with some lamb..  I found one thread on canning on this forum, which was replete with cautionary tales, and I'm sure that the caution is warranted, but I will say that with limited freezer space, canning is very much a viable option if you can find the proper supplies such as lids, rings and a big old covered pot for boiling.

To quote Razor, "Curry On!"

MissLister

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from the US!
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2012, 12:23 PM »
Im all ears on this  i will PM you

best, Rich

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from the US!
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2012, 12:29 PM »
Hi Miss,

p.s. Razor, I spent a night in Manchester city last May, right before my flight back to the US - nice city, we enjoyed ourselves!

Glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself in my hometown.  It's a different matter when you live here though ha ;D

Ray :)

©2024 Curry Recipes