Author Topic: Taking notes.  (Read 1344 times)

Offline matty123

• Chef
    • View Profile
Taking notes.
« on: January 23, 2012, 09:45 AM »
Hello all, Just a quickie I believe i should be making notes of actions, taste, formulas etc,What points do you think i should  keep for reference that you might think useful before i get information overload.  Thanks Matt

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Taking notes.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 08:24 PM »
Hello all, Just a quickie I believe i should be making notes of actions, taste, formulas etc,What points do you think i should  keep for reference that you might think useful before i get information overload.  Thanks Matt
Hi Matt.  Information overload is what this site is all about mate ;D.  It's a matter of sorting out what information is most useful to you, what could be misleading and what you already know.  There are some pretty studious people on here that are far more adept at analysing their efforts than myself.  Every dish is studied, methods recorded etc. etc.
Think i'd be inclined to try and create simple categories as you go along, identifying what it is that you are really making the comment on.  Failure to do this will result in 6 categories with loads of comments and observations which won't help you very much.  Whatever it is that prompts the remark create a category unless it already exists.  Within each category try and categorise your comments ie Do's and Dont's, experiment with an ingredient adn the results.  What you're looking to create is reference to what you've done so you don't repeat, unless that is your intention and you're going to do something different this time, which will prompt a further note. Get the idea.  I hope this helps and i hope others on here suggest some more ways of recording the events on your curry journey.  Enjoy it mate.  Keep us posted . :D

©2024 Curry Recipes