Author Topic: acrabats tikka  (Read 5326 times)

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: acrabats tikka
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 05:12 PM »
Quite a few of the mint sauce recipes state thin with milk if desired so i can't see thinning down the marinade with milk will detract from the flavour achieved. In fact i may help get that deep penetration but without having that "cake" of marinade on the chicken.  I've got to do some tikka at the weekend so i may just give this recipe a go and one other that requires youghurt and thin it down with milk.

Offline acrabat

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2012, 10:24 PM »
Update to original post, here is an attached of the uncooked lamb tikka. You don't get a good idea of the marinade consistency from the pics and I confess it is a tad thicker than I would use for chicken since I feel lamb takes more spice than chicken so used only 4tbspn oil. I cooked it at 250 for 15 minutes as it was good quality lamb and any more would have wasted it. Unfortunately I don't have cooked pics as family were rabidly hungry and got in the way. Since it was just for me and my family I didn't use any additional colour as they are energetic enough without added e-numbers.

Offline ELW

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2012, 10:32 PM »
Thats making me hungry, I've stared doin mine in the grill only, but they dry out from time to time. Those wee skewers are murder for turning chicken over though! They turn & the chicken stays where it is   :)
Gettin some flat or square ones when i see them somewhere

Regards
ELW

©2024 Curry Recipes