Author Topic: ali pans explained  (Read 15787 times)

Offline DalPuri

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: ali pans explained
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2012, 04:21 PM »
One other thing Currymonster if you haven't yet read through the pan links (although it may be too late), is the single postage payment covers you upto a 20kg delivery.
So it can be quite cheap if you order a few items.

Frank.  ;)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 06:01 PM by DalPuri »

Currymonster3194

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2012, 05:50 PM »
One other thing Currymonster if you haven't yet read through the pan links (although it may be too late is), the single postage payment covers you upto a 20kg delivery.
So it can be quite cheap if you order a few items.

Frank.  ;)

Thanks for the info Frank
Yeah i was trying to pump up the order but in the end couldnt really think at this stage what else i needed but in the end ?6-60 on top of some ?5-00 added up wasnt too bad for the delivered pan in hindsight

Now for my next bit of study..... Following the recommended guidelines for a curry after years of playing it by ear
Cheers

Steve

Offline Terramamba

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2012, 10:57 PM »
Try here Terramamba  ;)

http://www.dadibhais.com/index.php/kitchen/cookware/frying-omelette-pans.html

6.50p for postage upto 20kg

Frank  :)

http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=5632.0

This company where very quick on the delivery, managed to find a few items I needed so the postage didn't seem to bad.

On the first use of my new Ali pan, after seasoning, I got the pan far too hot that the garlic and ginger burnt immediately! Started again and managed to make a fairly decent curry!

;D

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2012, 11:29 PM »
the ali is one hundred percent food grade.

Really? That claim sounds to me like a load of tosh. Aluminium is aluminium. Keeping it sufficiently clean for food use must be important but their claim sounds like a way of parting fools from extra money.

Offline Terramamba

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2012, 11:48 PM »
Hi George.

100% food grade is what's claimed on their website.

We've all got to die one day, I'd rather die happy and foolish having nice yummy hot curries  :)

Offline fishy

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2012, 12:03 AM »

Really? That claim sounds to me like a load of tosh. Aluminium is aluminium. Keeping it sufficiently clean for food use must be important but their claim sounds like a way of parting fools from extra money.

So George what are the dangers and properties of Aluminium?, the video i posted (from curry2go) claim that Alzheimers and Aluminium are not proven or incorrect, surely in this day and age health and safety would have noticed this as lots of pans are made from ali

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2012, 07:35 AM »

From the Australian Aluminium Council :
What is food grade aluminium ?
    There is no Australian Standard covering

Offline noble ox

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2012, 11:25 AM »
Why are you using Aluminium pans?
The industry and marketing know the downsides to using this metal (their "war cry" is the same as the tobacco industry)
If acidic goods are cooked tomatoes etc the oxides leach out into the cooking Good or Bad you choose
To make it worse metal spoons are used to help this process
Ali is cheap mass produced that's why a lot of cooks choose it
Carbonised steel must be the direction to take as there are benefits to the health a good" Saute" pot will cost ?30 and will last a lifetime

Offline PaulP

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2012, 12:53 PM »
Noble Ox, can you give us any credible links that show that cooking (not storing) even acidic foodstuff causes an aluminium overdose in humans? If you ever eat in any restaurant you will probably find that nearly all the pots in the kitchen are made from aluminium.

Paul

Offline chewytikka

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2012, 01:03 PM »
All my Ali pans are 303 food grade, even the Teflon coated ones. Luvly Jubbly ;D
My Ali pressure cookers are 505 food grade, ;D
Eh, what were we talking about again, Who's is this Kitchen, is this a computer. ::)

©2024 Curry Recipes