Author Topic: Hi, loving the site so far...  (Read 953 times)

Offline mat1122

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
Hi, loving the site so far...
« on: February 18, 2012, 12:47 AM »
Hi, just introducing myself. I found the site yesterday and read it until I got carpel tunnel syndrome. :P

I use the base from The Curry Secret book by Kris Dhillon and love it (only made 3 batches though in the last 5-10 years but plan on making it every week or two now). Finding it very interesting to read about the different methods here so I will try new things soon. I'm a fan of sag but haven't tried to make one yet.

I just have one question for now. Where I live I can't find powdered fenugreek (Philippines where curry is rare). I was only able to get the seeds. Is it OK to just put a pinch of those in with the base and hope they get ground up (or absorbed) with all the blending instead of adding the powder when making the final curry recipe?

« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 12:58 AM by mat1122 »

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Hi, loving the site so far...
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 02:42 AM »
Hi Mat and a very warm welcome to the forum.  Don't get hung up on not being able to find ground fenugreek.  Either  grind the seeds yourself or leave them out.  It's not something that you'll find on here that gets much of a mention mate.  Let us know how you're getting on ;)

©2024 Curry Recipes