Author Topic: Keeping pilau rice in the fridge  (Read 3351 times)

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Keeping pilau rice in the fridge
« on: February 18, 2012, 11:14 AM »
I normally batch cook my pilau and freeze in portions, this works well but just at the moment I find my stock of frozen pilau exhausted and the freezer full of other stuff. So I wonder whether cooked pilau rice can be kept safely in the fridge and if so, how long?

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Keeping pilau rice in the fridge
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 11:25 AM »
Hi Chris.  I have kept mine in the fridge for up to four days after cooking and have been doing so for years.  No deterioration in taste and no nasty side effects yet ???. After 4 days it's  definitely in the BIN as i wouldn't want to chance my luck too much ;D.  I'm sure others will cringe and some will say it will be fine for longer.  We're all aware of what a superb breeding ground rice is for bacteria ???

Currymonster3194

Re: Keeping pilau rice in the fridge
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 11:42 AM »
I normally batch cook my pilau and freeze in portions, this works well but just at the moment I find my stock of frozen pilau exhausted and the freezer full of other stuff. So I wonder whether cooked pilau rice can be kept safely in the fridge and if so, how long?
I've done this in the past and noticed the rice becomes a little harder I sprinkle a little water over it before reheating in the microwave

©2024 Curry Recipes