Author Topic: Hi Everyone I'm A Curry Fanatic !  (Read 6494 times)

Offline laynebritton

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
Hi Everyone I'm A Curry Fanatic !
« on: March 07, 2006, 04:39 PM »
Hi Everyone? ;)

My name is Layne I have been Cooking Curry's now for about 25 Years.....Ive just found this Forum and it looks Excellent.
I'm a Chef (Sorry Not Indian) I look forward to talking about all things Curry with you.
Regards
Layne

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: Hi Everyone I'm A Curry Fanatic !
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 07:00 PM »
Hi Layne,

Welcome aboard, have you tried much restaurant style curry at all and if so with any degree of success?

cK

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 10:33 PM »
Hello Layne you will find loads of good info here matey that I'm sure will give you hours of culinary enjoyment etc...

Offline laynebritton

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 12:00 AM »
Hi Curry king + Darthphall

Thank you both for your warm welcome? :D

I have been reading through these forums with great interest and? it's quite clear a lot of members are Obsessed with getting the Ultra Top secret Gravy Base.
I was very friendly with an Indian who owned the local curry house and I watched his chefs make this elusive sauce many times from start to finish and No there are not any secret ingredients.The Kris Dhillon book (The curry Secret) really tells it as it is, my only disagreement is the amounts specified, When I first started at catering college it was always preached to me that NO recipe is carved in stone They Are Only Guidelines which should be adjusted accordingly. My advise is to keep tasting if it needs something Add IT !
The only time I do the boiled onions Gravy is if I'm cooking for a party etc otherwise I'll just use the fried onions method it's quicker and easier I enjoy Fish Curry which is basically a Stew (Watery Consistency) My favourite is Lamb Bhuna (on the Bone) and no I dont use a fork or spoon I always eat my Curry's Indian style (Hands) It used to drive my Mrs Crazy but she's used to it now Ha Ha.

Another thing which bothers me is people are Freezing the Garlic/Ginger mix in Ice-cube trays (Argh) this will give a completely different taste to the final product you will Never see an Indian getting these frozen cubes of gunk out of their freezer ! same goes for the Fresh Coriander it goes Black and again gives a different flavour if you cant get fresh don't bother wasting your time (and gas) I would like to have a pound for every batch of Curry iv'e had to bin.
I will read these forums with great interest and I will try and help or give my opinion if needed the main thing is to never give up trying and looking at these forums I'd say you have pretty well got it sorted Well Done !? ;)

Offline extrahotchillie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 08:14 AM »
Hi Layne,

Welcome aboard, hope you enjoy the site. ::)

Offline curryqueen

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 11:59 AM »
Hi Layne,

Welcome and hope you will enjoy reading through all the threads! 

Offline Mark J

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2006, 01:02 PM »
it's quite clear a lot of members are Obsessed
Obsessed! us! surely not, its not like anyone on here would do something craxy like buy a full size tandoor is it

8)

Offline CurryCanuck

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2006, 02:18 PM »
Hi - Layne

Enjoy your time on the forum - there are a great group of people here with a wealth of information .

CC

Offline laynebritton

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2006, 12:59 PM »
Hi everyone? :D

Hi - Layne

there are a great group of people here with a wealth of information .

CC

Well I must say THANK YOU ALL for your Wellcome and YES what a Great group of Friendly / Helpful Curry lovers I only wish I found this website sooner !

Admin Please Keep up the Good work what a Pleasure.

Regards
Layne? ?;)

Offline mike travis

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2006, 09:53 PM »
Hi Layne ;) and welcome,I agree about The Curry Secret, having just spent most of today doing the base sauce,and have just sat down after eating my chicken curry! It`s been a while since I have cooked it and it stunk the house out :( but the end result was worth it ;D. However,I think I overdid the fenugreek,how much is a pinch?? :-\? I am new to this forum and have been having a good ole browse. I must admit there`s so much good stuff I dont know where to start....... :)................Mick.

©2024 Curry Recipes