Author Topic: How to precook meat  (Read 28219 times)

Offline blade1212

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: How to precook meat
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2005, 09:57 AM »
Darth, tried the boiled method. Works great if using right away. However, I made a double batch and kept it overnight in the fridge. This tasted bad with that aftertaste I feared.

Net for me is I'd use Curry House method if I intend making loads and freezing. Use this method if I have raw chicken to hand.

PS Just had a vindaloo for breakfast. I'm taking a break for a few weeks :)

Offline thomashenry

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2005, 01:53 PM »
I now microwave my chicken. Take a chicken fillet - put it on a plate, give iit 1 min at 800W, turn it over, and give it another minute. I then chop it into 5-6 bits and add it as my 'pre cooked chicken'.

Perfect texture every time - and so quick and easy. No hassle of uncooked meat on your chopping board/knife etc.... no need to do it in advance. I just do it while Im dish cooking, its that easy.

I was amazed at how well the chicken came out this way, and fully recommend it,

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2005, 03:23 PM »
Microwave, is an excellent way & Ive used it before but i like adding some of the water from the cooked Chicken to my Curries to add taste.
Using the Microwave is however a really quick way & yes i agree gives great results.  :)

chipfryer

« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2007, 08:09 PM »
Today I just tried the beef precooked method. I have to say it has given me the best results so far.

One thing I did learn from some Indians that I know over here that an extra point is marination of the meat before cooking.

Next time I try this I'll add some yogurt and bare spice to the raw meat and let that sit there for 24 hours in the fridge. I have tried this before and had some very good luck but no where near what I have now.

I'm hoping both methods will:

1. Reduce cooking time
2. Provide a more silky fork cuttable beef for the main course.

Hope to provide pics too of course.

Best and thanks everyone.  ;D

©2024 Curry Recipes