Author Topic: Dadibhais Omelette Pans  (Read 10841 times)

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Dadibhais Omelette Pans
« on: March 08, 2012, 09:30 AM »
Ordered four Black Iron Omelette Pans 10 Inch on Tuesday afternoon, got delivered on Wednesday very good service and brilliant customer service would highly recommend.

Seasoned the pans with vegetable oil and one quarter of an onion and half tsp of balti garam masala, got the pan on a really high heat until the pan just starts to go a dark colour then added the onion and stirred until just going soft then added the balti garam masala mix and stir fried until the spices go black then discarded and ran the hot water over the pan to clean it then placed back on a low heat until all the water had gone then added about 1 tsp vegetable oil heat slightly then wiped with a kitchen towel to cover all of the inside of the pan, finished pan now seasoned.
These pans are just perfect.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Dadibhais Omelette Pans
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 09:38 AM »
These pans are just perfect.

How do you know if you only took delivery a few hours ago? I suggest all you've proved so far is that they were delivered quickly, you rated the retailer's service and they look the part. Too many reviews on amazon and anywhere seem to be based on the initial excitement of a new toy arriving, well before any reasonable assessment can be made.

I hope they prove durable and that your favourable impression holds up, but how can you be certain? i.e. to "highly recommend" them at such an early stage?

POST CHECKLIST:
Could this post be construed as negative? - yes - pass
Is it potentially helpful? - yes - pass

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 09:48 AM »
George read the post, it was delivered Wednesday it is now Thursday. Check the pictures section, the new pan is the one with the madras in.

Offline solarsplace

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 09:48 AM »
Hi UF

Would you mind terribly posting a link or a picture of said pan please?

Am in the market for such a thing myself.

Was looking for something identical or as close as possible to the type we saw and that appeared in the Zaal Saag Bhaji video.

Something like this: http://www.easy-equipment.com/black-iron-omelette-pan-26cm-10-tubular-handle/

Thanks UF

Offline solarsplace

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 09:49 AM »
George read the post, it was delivered Wednesday it is now Thursday. Check the pictures section, the new pan is the one with the madras in.

Hi UF

Re last post, will check pictures section.

Thanks

Offline Salvador Dhali

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 10:35 AM »
Here we go solarsplace http://dadibhais.com/kitchen/cookware/frying-omelette-pans/black-iron-omelette-pans-with-tubular-handles/black-iron-omelette-pan-10-25-5cm.html

Cheers Unclefrank. I've got a couple of aluminium pans and a few carbon steel woks, but I've been wanting to try a black iron omelette pan for a while (especially for the dry style sag bhaji).

I wasn't planning on buying anything at all today, but when it comes to cookware something happens inside my head and my resolve just crumbles... [checks order confirmation...] Yep - apparently I've just bought one. Even with the delivery it's still great value at 13 quid.

Can't wait to start seasoning it. (Damn... I love seasoning pans...  ;D )

Offline Thomasm

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 11:28 AM »
Cheers uncle frank.
This place is only two mins away from my work didnt even know it existed :o
will definately be having a nosey and for the sake of a fiver think i will buy one of those pans been using a wok so been wanting to give these a blast. :D

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2012, 12:12 PM »
No problem at all fellows forgot to add, once you have seasoned your pan and are going to cook your first curry in it just get the pan hot and add a ladle of base just in case you haven't got all the anti-rust coating off from washing and seasoning.
Salvador how do you season your pans?

Watched a Ching He Huang (easy Chinese) video on how to season a wok from her Easy Chinese: San Fransisco  show cant find that video but found this Walking You Through Seasoning a WOK

©2024 Curry Recipes