Author Topic: Dadibhais Omelette Pans  (Read 10743 times)

Currymonster3194

Re: Dadibhais Omelette Pans
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2012, 07:24 PM »
I've made around 8 curries since I got mine and it's great so d
Far looks exactly the same as the above pictures and seasoned the same too
It sure does stink the house out when you season it :)

Offline solarsplace

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2012, 08:00 PM »

Hi Currymonster

It certainly does indeed!

Ordered the same pan and a wok of similar material, very pleased with them. However, seasoning caused all sorts of smoke, eye watering, smoke alarms going off...

When you first use the seasoned pans don't forget to cook out some sacrificial ingredients first to remove the remaining seasoning oil such as some sliced onions. When cooked out, thrown them away and wipe the pan clean. Then you should be ready to go.

Good pans though, very pleased with them!

Cheers

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2012, 11:45 AM »
the spec of these pans is curious.

i have a "black" steel pan for dish frying - it will rust if i don't oil after use. it's a very sticky pan along the lines that curry2go described ie ali pans - it performs really well cooking main dishes. garlic for example really sticks to it though when frying - frying an egg for example would be a no no.

this new 8" omelet pan is also steel but very different - it does not rust and is not sticky at all. the garlic swishes around no trouble - don't even need a spoon to cook it. the packing gave no clue to what it is made of but for me it's not black steel unless my dish frying pan is not black steel although it was sold as.

hey ho. matters not i suppose. i'm really happy with both pans.

Currymonster3194

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2012, 08:19 PM »

Hi Currymonster

It certainly does indeed!

Ordered the same pan and a wok of similar material, very pleased with them. However, seasoning caused all sorts of smoke, eye watering, smoke alarms going off...

When you first use the seasoned pans don't forget to cook out some sacrificial ingredients first to remove the remaining seasoning oil such as some sliced onions. When cooked out, thrown them away and wipe the pan clean. Then you should be ready to go.

Good pans though, very pleased with them!

Cheers

Yes I can't believe how good the quality is for such a low price
Thanks for the post seasoning tip, I believe giving the pan a gentle rub with salt before using gives it non stick properties, although not sure why :)

©2024 Curry Recipes