Author Topic: Murgh Makhani (Butter Chicken) with Taz Base  (Read 24003 times)

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Murgh Makhani (Butter Chicken) with Taz Base
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2018, 12:49 PM »
Usually Butter Chicken doesn't use tandoori chicken but its own mariinade for each different recipe, i have been trying to get this right for some months now and have had great results with this recipe http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=11564.0
Then i add 2 ladles butter chicken sauce and 2 and half ladles any base gravy to a pan then i use that for my base.
And finally
Butter Chicken
To A Pan Add
Oil

Offline Sverige

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2018, 03:17 PM »
Great looking recipe Frank and thanks for posting it. Unfortunately you've fallen foul of the forum's inability to display fractions, so of the "edit" option is still available you might want to change to decimals, 0.75, 1.5, etc.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2018, 04:08 PM »
Usually Butter Chicken doesn't use tandoori chicken but its own mariinade for each different recipe ...
My experience of butter chicken / murgh makhani in this country has not been very positive (even at the Raj in Tenterden), but the version I ate at Cone Zone in Abu Dhabi was superb, and that definitely incorporated tandoori chicken.

** Phil.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2018, 08:39 PM »
Sverige, I can read the fractions. Must be a problem at your end.

The Murgh Makhani from the Balti book and the CTM I made were both nice, very rich but spice heavy even though not spiced a lot in final assembly. This must have transfered over from the tandoori Masala used on the chicken.  To be fair, I did not use the author's recipes for the tandoori or tikka.  As unclefrank says, don't use tandoori or Tikka, or if was to do it again, I would make low spice versions of them.

Offline Sverige

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2018, 09:31 PM »
Great looking recipe Frank and thanks for posting it. Unfortunately you've fallen foul of the forum's inability to display fractions, so of the "edit" option is still available you might want to change to decimals, 0.75, 1.5, etc.

I dont think your post is important really. Maybe post a curry yourself but Uncle Frank looks great cooking and big thanks the Man.

Hmmm.... avatar is different. Spelling is certainly "different" but the chip on your shoulder identifies you oh so clearly.  You really have issues Elsie.  ::)

Bing

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2018, 05:56 AM »
Hi hey

Nasty comment clutter up UF post so I reported and give more thanks to UF for delicious looking food. Want to try cooking for family this special dish.

Offline Sverige

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2018, 07:41 AM »
Sverige, I can read the fractions. Must be a problem at your end.

The Murgh Makhani from the Balti book and the CTM I made were both nice, very rich but spice heavy even though not spiced a lot in final assembly. This must have transfered over from the tandoori Masala used on the chicken.  To be fair, I did not use the author's recipes for the tandoori or tikka.  As unclefrank says, don't use tandoori or Tikka, or if was to do it again, I would make low spice versions of them.

Thanks Livo, may well be an issue with character set or device I'm using.  Hopefully will get sorted with forum software upgrade when it comes.

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2018, 10:52 AM »
I have tried Blades recipe for Tikka and added 2-3 tbsp yoghurt about 1 hour before cooking then cooked until well charred.

Offline EuanW

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2018, 01:18 PM »
Looking great Frank.

The original recipe in this thread is def Tikka Masala, I made it to the letter and it tasted nothing like Butter Chicken. Will perhaps try some of the new ones on here !

Online George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2018, 01:49 PM »
The original recipe in this thread is def Tikka Masala, I made it to the letter and it tasted nothing like Butter Chicken.

Looking at the recipe, I;m sure you are right.

Sverige was also right to point out that the list of ingredients looks most odd - definitely something which needs fixing if new software is ever introduced. Nothing to do with the character set or device he's using, as anyone can see after he helpfully posted a jpg-based screen shot. For anyone suggesting such feedback counts as 'nasty...clutter' I'm disgusted how anyone could be so rude. Troll?. 

©2024 Curry Recipes