Author Topic: Quick Curry fix!  (Read 2606 times)

Offline mustapharuby

• Chef
    • View Profile
Quick Curry fix!
« on: March 13, 2006, 05:14 PM »
After several years of trying to find the real MC.Coy of curries, I have settled for a good compromise of cooking with recipes from a paper back book called CURRY SECRET by KRIS DHILLON, Published by Elliot Rightway Books of Kingswood Surrey this cost about ?3.99 APPROX. especially the BASIC sauce and combining Pataks concentrates to achieve Restaurant flavours in a very short time. 8)

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Curry fix!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 05:28 PM »
Hi mustapharuby? :D

Welcome to the site!?

The curry secret book is well read around here and it divides everyone down the middle as to how good it is, some like it and some don't.? Have you tried any base sauce\curry recipes that are similar to whats on here during your search?

cK

Offline mustapharuby

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 05:41 PM »
Re Curry Base... I will certainly give a few of your recipes  kitchen space and respond on the forum to them. My favorite is Chicken Korai and my local restaurant uses a sweet sauce not too hot which I  would like to emulate....

Offline Curry King

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 09:26 AM »
A chicken tikka korai is one of my fav's from my local as well and it's one of the ones I have not been able to reproduce.  If you have or come across a good recipe for it I would be intrested in trying it, I will dig out the one I have but from what I remember it was't a patch on my locals.

cK

Offline mustapharuby

• Chef
    • View Profile
Starter accompaniment
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 03:15 PM »
Have you come across a recipe for Orange coconut that is normally served with the pickle tray?

Offline Curry King

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2006, 03:25 PM »
I have no idea im afraid, I know the stuff you mean but its not somehting im over keen on.

Offline Nessa

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2006, 02:11 PM »
Re the korai - I've had this many times from various restaurants and the sauce is exactly the same as the CTM sauce, the overall taste of the dish is different to CTM because of the onions and peppers etc.? Is this the same around your way, or is it a local thing??

©2024 Curry Recipes