Author Topic: Curry dinner party this Saturday  (Read 13223 times)

Offline Aussie Mick

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Curry dinner party this Saturday
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2012, 03:42 AM »
Thanks fellas.

Hey VC, A tandoor may be a future project for me. I built a pizza oven hoping it would (sort of) double as a tandoor, but it doesn't do the business. Cooks pizza great, and even tikka and tandoori stuff, but it doesn't cook naan too well.

Wish I could swing by and borrow yours if you're firing it anyway, but Perth is a tad too far eh? Enjoy your phall. :)

And yes Gary, it's definitely the prep that takes the time. But deffo worth it eh? :)

Offline Vindaloo-crazy

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2012, 05:13 AM »
Mick

Yep, Perth's a bit of a hike to do a few naans. Hope it all goes well, the most I've cooked for is 16 (featuring a goat rogan josh!), one poor bloke didn't know what chicken naga was, boy did he get a shock, muhahaha.

I used to get good results using a sandwich press for my naans before I got my tandoor (from the nice folks at tandoor living).

Offline Aussie Mick

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2012, 08:10 AM »
Never thought of a sandwich press. I normally whallop them onto a very very hot hotplate on the BBQ and then turn them onto the grill to "burn" the top. Brush with some garlic infused ghee, and it's all good.

Just checked out tandoor livings website. I WANT one.

Offline Aussie Mick

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2012, 05:43 PM »
Well, we've just got rid of the last of our guests at 12.30 am.

Curries were delicous. Everyone loved them.

Korma and Tikka Masala were the winners for the kids and less adventurous, but the outstanding dish of the night by a long way was CA's Chicken Ceylon. It's a dish i had never even heard of, but a hands down winner tonight..........simply gorgeous.

Thanks again people for sharing this knowledge. A lot of curry starved ex-Pats have gone home happy tonight. :)

Offline Salvador Dhali

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2012, 06:36 PM »
Well, we've just got rid of the last of our guests at 12.30 am.

Curries were delicous. Everyone loved them.

Korma and Tikka Masala were the winners for the kids and less adventurous, but the outstanding dish of the night by a long way was CA's Chicken Ceylon. It's a dish i had never even heard of, but a hands down winner tonight..........simply gorgeous.

Thanks again people for sharing this knowledge. A lot of curry starved ex-Pats have gone home happy tonight. :)

Pleased to hear it went so well, Mick. And yes, CA's Ceylon is a cracker. I served it at the bash I did and it was a big hit. Definitely a 'keeper'....

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2012, 08:00 PM »
Glad all went well Mick.  It's nice when all that effort pays off and the guests are happy after their free feed as well as impressed with your BIR chef skills ;D
Having made CA's ceylon, i too agree it's a lovely tasting dish and one which can be easily adjusted heat wise to suit different tastes without detracting from or changing the flavour.

Offline Vindaloo-crazy

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2012, 01:28 AM »
Excellent, glad it all went to plan Mick. :)

©2024 Curry Recipes