Author Topic: Motorcyclists  (Read 8503 times)

Offline emin-j

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
Re: Motorcyclists
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2012, 07:45 PM »
This was my baby,owned it for 13 years and only had 5k miles on it when I sold it  :'(

Image hosting by CR0.co.uk

Suzuki RG 500 Gamma.

Offline Terramamba

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2012, 10:59 PM »

I've had many, many different bikes since I were a lad, but this is my current baby - a tricked-up GSXR-1000:

Nice bike SD, very clean! The GSXr has really come on a lot (looks wise), always was a brilliant performer and handles so well.  Since I rode one in the early 90's, very ugly bike, but, once underway, what a fantastic machine? Do you find it encourages you to go faster and faster, never satisfied until your adrenaline is pumping around your body so much all you can do is scream, ok you win Gixxer! Alternatively, the flashing blues behind you make you stop, doh!  ::)

I'm a old bikes man .. I have a 1958 Jawa 555 Pioneer , a 1948 CZ 125T both mint and a couple of older bikes in bits awaiting TLC .. I couldn't ride the sorts of bikes above it would scare me to death !!  :)

My first bike was a CZ 125, great little bike, engineered like a tractor, with stood all sorts of abuse, although after three days of owning it I wanted something much faster!  :D

I love the Speed Triple and Street Triple, and Triumphs in general.

My dream bike would be a Rocket3, but I, (or rather the wife) cannot justify the $24,000 price tag. I really like the Thunderbird Storm too, but that is even more dollars in OZ.

But, I am happy with my GSX. Mental amounts of torque = big silly grin  :o :)

Triumphs, now you are talking! I had a little 3TA, lovely little bike, perfect for meandering down the lanes.  :)

Hahaha. Nice one Terramamba.

Suzuki's are built for speed eh? Them Bandits are pretty insane. I had a 1250 Bandit for a while.....nice bike.

I once had a bit of a drag from traffic lights with a HSV Holden ute ( a big ass Aussie V8 ). Well it gave it's best, but the Suzuki left it for dead. ;D

Try a proper drag strip, the tarmac is unlike road stuff, well in the UK anyway, and I think European tarmac all pretty much the same, the drag strip tarmac is really grippy, needs more maintenance but one hell of a way to take off, after the obligatory wheel spin!

No pedestrians, no animals, just you, your bike, eyes on the rev counter, chest on the tank, race, race, race  8)

My first big bike Honda 400/4 only good in the dry, HT leads always shorting out in the rain.

Kawasaki Z650 had to change the race bars to Triumph Bonnie Bars, they look nicer, and flat bars made me ride too fast, honest Officer!

You may notice the different mag wheels, that is thanks to some thieving b*****d who had my back wheel away from the workshop while it was being re-spoked.

Yam XJ650 boring shaft drive, did not handle or perform nearly as well as a Kawasaki, but it never let me down, well it did once, and I had a Police Officer help me bump start it!  :)

Beloved Bandit 600, (blue one) winner of drag strip racing, just under 13 seconds for the quarter mile.

I could go on, but I am sure not all curry lovers are bikers, I suspect I have probably gone on too much so all the best  ;D

Offline PaulP

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2012, 11:17 PM »
Lol, I had an immaculate Honda 400/4 and you're right it was terrible in the wet for shorting out the sparkies.
I managed to fix it with a type of waterproof varnish. It wasn't very fast, my mate's Suzuki x7 250cc was nearly as fast. Then I got my little Yamaha YPVS 350 which was a fantastic little bike and could take on my mate's Kawa GT750 shaftie.

Paul

Offline colin grigson

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2012, 06:30 AM »
@Colette ... 13 seconds for a standing 0.25 mile is almost suicidal ... how did you hang on to it   :o :o :o

Offline Salvador Dhali

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2012, 09:49 AM »
@Terramamba: Nice bike SD, very clean! The GSXr has really come on a lot (looks wise), always was a brilliant performer and handles so well.  Since I rode one in the early 90's, very ugly bike, but, once underway, what a fantastic machine? Do you find it encourages you to go faster and faster, never satisfied until your adrenaline is pumping around your body so much all you can do is scream, ok you win Gixxer! Alternatively, the flashing blues behind you make you stop, doh!  ::)

I'm not going to incriminate myself here, but yes to all the above! (Only on a track, of course...  ;) )

The first time I rode one (a demo) it was unbelievable. I'd only opened the throttle for what seemed like a nano second, and suddenly the horizon was rushing towards me faster than the ground from a 200ft base jump, and I thought the speedo must be broken, such was the prodigious reading on the digital display. Once I'd stopped and retrieved my eyes from the back of my skull, I thought "F**k. I HAVE to get one of these!"

An hour later and the deal was done.

@Terramamba: My first big bike Honda 400/4 only good in the dry, HT leads always shorting out in the rain.

That was my first big bike, too (a blue one), and I loved it. (Never had the HT lead problem though.) I pre-ordered it and picked it up from Honda on a sunny summer's day in 1975 as a gangly 17 year-old, to be told that it was the first one in the country. I didn't believe the sales guy (who I later discovered was in fact Michael Aspel's brother, and a Honda head honcho, but that's another story), and I didn't care - it was the beginning of a man/bike relationship that only ended when I was wiped out somewhere near Bristol about 18 months later by Mr Magoo right-turning his Austin 1100 in front of me on the A34. Happy days...

Offline Terramamba

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2012, 02:36 PM »
@Colette ... 13 seconds for a standing 0.25 mile is almost suicidal ... how did you hang on to it   :o :o :o

Hi Colin!

Possibly more gripping rather than hanging! Leather jeans are a must  8)

Offline Terramamba

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2012, 03:14 PM »

I'm not going to incriminate myself here, but yes to all the above! (Only on a track, of course...  ;) )

Yes track days! Bit expensive though  ;D

I have studied this picture, thinking it is your bike, but the exhaust can on the opposite side makes me wonder?!! Looks great though  ;D

The first time I rode one (a demo) it was unbelievable. I'd only opened the throttle for what seemed like a nano second, and suddenly the horizon was rushing towards me faster than the ground from a 200ft base jump, and I thought the speedo must be broken, such was the prodigious reading on the digital display. Once I'd stopped and retrieved my eyes from the back of my skull, I thought "F**k. I HAVE to get one of these!"

An hour later and the deal was done

I will always remember my first ride on a gixxer, performance - superb, combined with brilliant handling, makes you feel invincible, totally the dogs b*******!!!!

That was my first big bike, too (a blue one), and I loved it. (Never had the HT lead problem though.) I pre-ordered it and picked it up from Honda on a sunny summer's day in 1975 as a gangly 17 year-old, to be told that it was the first one in the country. I didn't believe the sales guy (who I later discovered was in fact Michael Aspel's brother, and a Honda head honcho, but that's another story), and I didn't care - it was the beginning of a man/bike relationship that only ended when I was wiped out somewhere near Bristol about 18 months later by Mr Magoo right-turning his Austin 1100 in front of me on the A34. Happy days...

Brand new machine? Great in their day! Mr Magoo - guessing he did the usual, saying "Sorry I did not see you"
Blind people should not be allowed on the road, IMHO!

Offline Aussie Mick

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2012, 01:57 AM »
Enjoying all theses stories and picyures.

If I had the money, this would be mine. :D

Offline Aussie Mick

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2012, 01:59 AM »
[color=blue

Or on a friends (ahem) private road

Offline Salvador Dhali

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2012, 08:32 AM »

Yes track days! Bit expensive though  ;D

They can be expensive, but there are always last minute deals to be had (paid

©2024 Curry Recipes