Author Topic: Peshwari naan filling?  (Read 8049 times)

Offline bige

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
Peshwari naan filling?
« on: March 29, 2012, 05:47 AM »
Hello,
I'm relatively new to the Bir style but have reached a point where the only thing I cant replicate or beat from my very good local restaurant is the peshwari naan.  I have tried a few fillings, some with pistachios which were not right and some with a mix of coconut and almond powder which were better but still not right.  Does anyone have a recipe which is close to the bir taste and look which is moist, sweet and coconutty and pale yellow in colour.
Any help is appreciated!

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Peshwari naan filling?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 06:08 AM »
Welcome bige.  Hope you're going to share some of your secrets with us if you're able to replicate everything other than the peshwari :D

Have  a read through this thread.  It may be what you're looking for

http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=4672.0

Offline bige

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 06:22 AM »
Thanks, I will take a look.
The 'everything' I can replicate is limited to what my wife will eat so at the moment is Madras, Vindaloo, Chill chicken tikka masala, Bombay aloo a couple of rices, samosas, bhajees and chapatis.  I hope to expand upon this but it takes time as she fears change! ;)

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 07:00 AM »
...............Madras, Vindaloo, Chill chicken tikka masala, Bombay aloo a couple of rices, samosas, bhajees and chapatis.  I hope to expand upon this but it takes time as she fears change! ;)

If you can replicate that little lot to your local BIR standard, then you're doing a good job mate.  Let us know how you get on with the peshwari :D

©2024 Curry Recipes