Author Topic: Chicken Pasanda  (Read 28443 times)

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Pasanda
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2012, 03:11 PM »
Hi 976
Not Knocking your attempt, and it is a good looking homemade curry that your kids like.

But a BIR Pasanda isn't a Korma or based on a Korma, where ever you may order it.

Almond,Yogurt, Cream, Poppy Seeds, Butter Ghee are the key ingredients, providing
a very mild and savoury sauce, ideally suited with Lamb.

No Sugar, No Coconut, No Tandoori Masala

My Restaurant Pasanda recipe here:-

http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=6024.msg59918#msg59918

I also find Abdul's 8 spice a bit conflicting and too much for some BIR recipes.

Anyway good post and photo

cheers Chewy

Hi Chewy,

Many thanks for the input I really appreciate it. I've only ever had Lamb Pasanda before and that was a long time ago, so when a client of mine asked me to provide a Chicken Pasanda, I must admit I was a little stumped and after a little research I went with what I made and to be honest I didn't know from memory if was correct or not albeit everyone liked it.

Many thanks for providing your Pasanda recipe which I will take a look at :)

Cheers Bob

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2012, 07:34 PM »
all interesting stuff and very much appreciate the additional discussion.

after making my previous post and in writing the recipe out i realised it's not quite BIR in method and for me i would need to adjust without loosing the recipe intent.

for Divine guidance as per norm i reached for KD1 and pg 66 is lamb pasanda. no chicken version only for korma.

the overriding attraction for me is the cashew nut which i've never tried in curry.

Offline fried

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2012, 04:19 PM »
Again the missus went a bit mad with the almond flakes.

Lovely taste although I didn't add any sultanas.

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2012, 05:20 PM »
Almond heaven!! :)

Glad you enjoyed this one too...

Offline happy...hippo

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2013, 09:39 PM »
I may be too late with my post but i have only just joined and came accross this conversation in my search for a pasanda recipies.

So just to add - I had pasanda in India - with paneer - and it was nothing like a korma.  Yes it was very mild and creamy but not sweet.  It was also rather red in colour (not tikka red, just natural tomatoe like red). 

And it was delicious!  Hence I am still on a quest to find my perfect pasanda recipe which resembles the one I had in India - but no luck yet.

©2024 Curry Recipes