Author Topic: FREE British Indian Restaurant E-Book Download?  (Read 11351 times)

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: FREE British Indian Restaurant E-Book Download?
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2012, 05:38 PM »
CA I think it's a great idea.

The reservations I would have are that you don't involve too many people in helping you write it. Books written by "committee" tend not to be great texts. I'd suggest go ahead and write a draft and then invite comments/advice/suggestions etc?

I would be happy to assist with proof reading etc. if that's any help? I used to do this for a living and I currently write lots of reports for my job. Even if I say so myself I think I'm pretty good at checking out clarity, punctuation and grammar etc.

I also hope he won't mind me mentioning it but I think Phil has a very articulate and erudite writing style and would make a good contribution to such a project.

Steve

Offline Unclebuck

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2012, 05:39 PM »
Not saying it cant be done but i think we all agreed to disagree last time at it all fizzled out but that was for a "cr0 e-book" rather then a "cory-anders e-book"

the title says "FREE British Indian Restaurant E-Book Download"

Is it a cr0 ebook with members [who's willing] adding info/recipes from cr0 complied by CA or CA putting a ebook together with his own recipes.

I like the sound of both, would prefer the former but my worry with too much democracy eff all happens.

uncle-ebuck

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2012, 05:42 PM »
I like the sound of both, would prefer the former but my worry with too much democracy eff all happens.
uncle-ebuck

Or people end up falling out...

Offline Geezah

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2012, 07:15 PM »
Would it be best for people to nominate and vote for whats included?
or
Put the book in sections based upon the usual base and currys by different forum members.

ie, if you want to be included in the book nominate your base and curry recipes and be prepared to write up a draft of your own recipes if you get voted to be included?

Offline Unclebuck

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2012, 07:54 PM »
Would it be best for people to nominate and vote for whats included?
or
Put the book in sections based upon the usual base and currys by different forum members.

ie, if you want to be included in the book nominate your base and curry recipes and be prepared to write up a draft of your own recipes if you get voted to be included?

not easy huh, its started

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2012, 10:15 PM »
Its a great Idea indeed - but will it cause arguments on the forum what the content should be and who's recipe should be included?

Go for it i say

best, Rich

Offline Micky Tikka

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2012, 11:11 PM »
  Great idea
My view in life is Theres always someone better keeps me on my toes and if your curry is not selected then you should take it on the chin
Mind you if my Boiled rice is not in it I'll be bloody upset >:(

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2012, 11:03 AM »
I think it is a good idea, but just playing devil's advocate for a moment, why is a pdf document, fixed at a point in time, better than this forum? If the same effort was applied to tidying up the forum (recipe sections) a bit, wouldn't that be better?

Marketing-wise, though, I agree a tidy pdf document e-book does have a certain appeal.

I also agree it could cause a few disputes, e.g. why one person's recipe is included, and another left out. I don't see how it makes sense for a book to include more than one recipe for each dish. It may be difficult to decide which single recipe to include for naan bread, for example, when people have quite strong views as to the best approach. A forum or web-based recipe site can reflect that, and give lots of options, but a pdf document or published book can't, unless it starts to look untidy.

Offline peterandjen

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2012, 12:40 PM »
If it will be truly free for all to download then i would say go for it, personally i don't have many recipes on here and wouldn't mind them being used. If on the other hand there was any money changing hands i would say no.

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2012, 12:46 PM »
If it will be truly free for all to download then i would say go for it, personally i don't have many recipes on here and wouldn't mind them being used. If on the other hand there was any money changing hands i would say no.
I thought this too but then had a further thought which may be worth discussing.  If such an e book did eventually materialise, would it be a bad idea to charge a nominal fee of

©2024 Curry Recipes