Author Topic: WOW, where have you been all my life!!.  (Read 2421 times)

Offline davey3legs

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
WOW, where have you been all my life!!.
« on: April 08, 2012, 04:35 PM »
Hi everyone, brand new visitor and poster on here.

I'm Dave, living on the Isle of Man I've talked about wanting to re-create curries from my old hometown/area (Cheshire/ North Staffs) for years, fed up of finding endless jars, pastes etc that taste nothing like my fave BIR takeaways I decided to bite the bullet and have a google how to make stuff from scratch. ( By the way, there's only 1 indian nearby and its awful, the next closest is a 30 mile round trip)

After trawling through endless recipes on blogs and mostly quite narrow opinions on what should be done and how, I found this forum.

So within 1 day of logging on here, finding out about base sauces, spices and more than I could read in one go, I gave the 'Belting Balti' recipe a go........... Holy Moly!, its the closest I've tasted to my old favourite sit ins and takeaways for nearly 10 years. I hope to be lurking around these forums for many an hour to come.

Thankyou so much to the people posting their recipes and secrets, you've made me one very VERY happy bunny:D

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: WOW, where have you been all my life!!.
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 04:53 PM »
Welcome to the best  BIR forum around Dave.  If you thought the belting balti was good wait until you get into some of the more BIR recipes and sides.  Chewytikka's and CA's is always an excellent place to start.  Also recommend following the Zaal threads for a bit of insight.  Good luck and keep us posted on your results with the occasional pics, as they're always appreciated  ;)

Offline Petrolhead360

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 05:31 PM »
"By the way, there's only 1 indian nearby and its awful, the next closest is a 30 mile round trip"

Reading comments like this reminds me how lucky I am to live in the midlands surrounded by Indian take aways restaurants and grocery stores.

Welcome to this brilliant site.
I have only been using this site for 3 or 4 mouths but have learnt so much :P

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 10:25 PM »
welcome davey, all you need is here!

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 10:52 PM »
Hi davey3legs

you should be ok for ingredients on the isle - start making and posting them there pictures

best, Rich

Offline Wickerman

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 12:21 AM »
Welcome davey3legs.
Tuck in!

Offline colin grigson

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 02:02 PM »
Welcome Davy !!

As a previous poster suggested .. try CA's recipes first since they are particularly well written and simple and give outstanding results ( for me so far  :) ) ... there are other great ones too mind !!    ;)

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 04:37 PM »
Welcome Davey 3legs,

You've just opened a whole new world to home BIR cooking, I hope you enjoy it as much as everyone has :)

©2024 Curry Recipes