Author Topic: Eye of the Tiger - Bournemouth  (Read 5329 times)

Offline bjplayer

• Chef
    • View Profile
Eye of the Tiger - Bournemouth
« on: April 09, 2012, 03:52 PM »
[font=impact][/font] Eye of the Tiger

They are located at 207 old chrsistchurch road , bournemouth, bh1 1jz (near litten tree)

Ive been visiting this restauratnt for nearly seven years now , theyre on their second chef in this time who is amazing. Ive been converted from the hottest dishes to ceylons by this chef alone. My wife and i visit every week without fail and the standard is very consistant.

They have started with a lot of fish dishes which arent for me but i hear these too are great and of course healthier.

The manager and staff are friendly but for me the mosty important part is the food ...10/10

james ;D

Offline chillihothot

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Eye of the Tiger - Bournemouth
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 10:07 PM »
I agree, this is a very good place. Happy but cloudy memories.

Offline SnS

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 10:45 PM »
I used to use this place in the 80's when I lived in Bournemouth. It was a great place then. It was the Eye of the Tiger that flew out takeaway curries to 10 Scottish football fans in Bordeaux when Scotland were playing Norway (1998 I think). Cost of food was ?600.00 plus delivery charge of ?800.00.

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 11:03 PM »
I used to love Bournemouth too. A group of about 6-7 car loads of blokes, we used to leave the pub in Hayes Middlesex, "The Firefly" in Yeading and head down to Bournemouth for the weekend back in the middle 70's nearly every weekend for the summer months.. 4 people sleeping in a triumph Herald or Mark 3 Cortina... lol If i tried that now I would have rigamortis for a week!!

Anyone remember, the "Village Bowl"? A nightclub with about 3-4 different venues within 1 club? The "Saddle Bar" in Christchurch? A bar with a courtyard that used to host live bands?

It wasn't until the late 70's probably 77/78 that I first tried Indian Cuisine where I first cut my teeth on Lamb Korma, my favourite at that time and then went onto Lamb Bhuna, still one of my favourite's of today but cannot get that taste anymore unless it's made at home..

Bringing back memories of days gone by... :)

Offline SnS

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 11:53 PM »
... Chelsea Village,  Le Cardinal, etc etc (70's)  ;)

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 02:08 AM »
...and The Outlook.....

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2012, 06:36 AM »
... Chelsea Village,  Le Cardinal, etc etc (70's)  ;)

Those were the days!!  ;)

Offline Capitan_Huk

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 07:10 PM »
I'm moving to Bournemouth next month so I will definitely keep my eyes open for this place! Good to know there will be a good Indian restaurant waiting for my arrival! I ate in an Indian restaurant in Boscombe when I was there visiting a couple weeks ago and I was far from impressed!!

Offline mr.mojorisin

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 09:12 PM »
apologies for going off topic.....

love Bournemouth ...and Poole

simple reason....

my Uncle James Clark (recently deceased) started the Bournemouth and Poole Rangers Supporters Club..many moons ago :)

Offline chillihothot

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2012, 06:48 PM »
Boscombe has nothing decent in the way of curry, in fact its horrendous for curry. However there is a decent, cheap and friendly Thai place there (or was 4 years ago when I was there).

©2024 Curry Recipes