Author Topic: Want to try out an authentic indian restaurant prawn Vindaloo.  (Read 1649 times)

Offline johnny333

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
I everyone! Just found this site and want to try and cook a vindaloo,something that tastes as good as my local indian restaurant. Basically I want to try and make a base sauce taste as good as my local indian.I am not sure how to find the recipes yet, but will do a bit of searching.

It will also be very good when I invite some friends around on a Saturday nite for a curry evening.Hopefully I can inpress them with my new found cooking skills.Will report back my finding later to you.

Des :'
(

Offline Whandsy

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Want to try out an authentic indian restaurant prawn Vindaloo.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 01:55 PM »
Happy hunting and welcome johnny333, you're doing the right thing. Have a good look around the site as you'll find a lot of questions you may have will probably have been answered and posted somewhere in this mighty fine curry encyclopaedia ;)
If you can't find what you want then shout up as there are a lot of very knowledgeable members around here ;)

Happy cooking! :)

W

Offline colin grigson

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 03:41 PM »
Welcome Des , there's a stack of great vindaloo recipes on here but I would say the easiest to follow for a beginner would be that of CA ( CoryAnder ) , I love cooking his vindaloo !!

Good luck !!     :)

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 07:59 PM »
Welcom Johnny,  you've come to the right place.  As Colin says, CA's recipe and vindaloo aren't a bad place, clear easy to follow recipes that deliver the goods.  But there are loads of other equally good bases and good recipes for you try.  Knock 'em dead on Saturday.  Sure they'll be gobsmacked  :o ;D

Offline ELW

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 08:07 PM »
Welcom Johnny,  you've come to the right place.  As Colin says, CA's recipe and vindaloo aren't a bad place, clear easy to follow recipes that deliver the goods.  But there are loads of other equally good bases and good recipes for you try.  Knock 'em dead on Saturday.  Sure they'll be gobsmacked  :o ;D
Agreed cooking good bir at home is definitely a show stopper alright!

©2024 Curry Recipes