Author Topic: Anybody tried this sauce?  (Read 1722 times)

Offline Ader1

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Anybody tried this sauce?
« on: March 26, 2006, 02:04 PM »
 Ingredients
? Serves 4

2lb/900g Large Onions sliced into thick chunks
1 Large tin Chopped tomatoes (400g)
1 Tablespoon Tomato Puree
10 Cloves of garlic, crushed
4 inch piece of root ginger, skin removed
1 Teaspoon curry powder
1 Teaspoon garam massalla
1 Tablespoon Turmeric
Juice of 1 whole lemon
3 Pints chicken stock
1 Teaspoon salt
10 Tablespoons vegetable oil
? ?

We are now making premium quality toasted and freshly ground curry powders and curry kits, availability is limited due to small scale hand made production but the quality will exceed your expectations.? ?

? Method
Bring the water to boil in a large saucepan with the salt. Add the sliced onions ,garlic and ginger into the pan and bring back to the boil. When it has boiled, reduce the heat to allow the contents to simmer, cover and leave for 30 minutes. Meanwhile mix the curry powder, garam massalla, Turmeric with the lemon juice and tomato puree to create a thick paste (add a little water if necessary). Pour the tinned tomatoes into a food processor and puree for 3 minutes to a smooth sauce. Empty into a container and wash and dry the food processor. When the onions have simmered for 30 minutes drain off the liquid using a sieve into a container for use later. Place the remaining onions, garlic and ginger mixture into a food processor and puree for 2 minutes (You may need to do this in batches depending on the size of the food processor). Wash and dry the pan that the onions were cooked in and put in the oil and bring up to a medium high heat. Once the oil is hot stir fry the thick paste for 1 minute and then a dd the pureed tomatoes and bring to the boil. Once boiling add the pureed onions and mix the contents well together. Bring back to the boil and then simmer on low for 30 minutes skimming off any froth on the surface every couple of minutes. You can now use the curry sauce immediately or freeze or refrigerate it.

I got it off the? http://www.curryfrenzy.com? web site....Idon't know if it has been posted bofore.? The only change i made was that I added a green pepper to the onions etc purely because I had one in the fridge and needed to be use.? From the sauce, I use the Curry Secrets Cook book chicken curry recipee for the final additions to make the curry.? It was very good I thought as did the family.  Oh, yes, I use Ifindforu's curry powder but I don't know how much difference that makes if any.

©2024 Curry Recipes