Author Topic: Curry2Go - Chicken Tikka Masala..  (Read 7999 times)

Offline slick

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Curry2Go - Chicken Tikka Masala..
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2012, 04:05 PM »
976bar - I've made the Curry2Go CTM, and thought it was as close to BIR as I've ever made that dish. CTM is one dish I've tried literally dozens of different recipes. Was very pleased with this one.

I actually used the original public Curry2Go base, and I think I overspiced it, using standard chefs spoons instead of the 30ml one he uses. Rather than bin the base once I figured out my error, I've been using the frozen base ziplock bags in my freezer, as the curries I've made with it have been excellent. Up next is the C2G base from the eBook.

- Josh

I'm in total agreement with that allthough rather than you over spicing things it could be Julians recipes as I've had to cut back on the spicing of a lot of his recipes , epsecially the base sauce. Having done that I'd say this dish in particular is a close to a BIR CTM I have ever made.

He also seems to put a lot of coconut in this dish which can dry up the sauce a tad, I've found that 1 tbs is more than sufficient.

Talking of which, does anybody know where to buy coconut flour? I've been pulse grinding dessicated coconut in a coffe grinder with good results but it would make life a touch easier if get hold of the flour.

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2012, 05:05 PM »
Coconut flour or coconut powder is readily available in many of the asian grocers around my way.  I would have thought this to be the case elsewhere ???  Maybe i'm just lucky and spoilt for choice ::) IMHO I think your improvisation will work equally as well and deliver virtually the same result

Offline Whandsy

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2012, 05:19 PM »
Coconut flour or coconut powder is readily available in many of the asian grocers around my way.  I would have thought this to be the case elsewhere ???  Maybe i'm just lucky and spoilt for choice ::) IMHO I think your improvisation will work equally as well and deliver virtually the same result

Same for me as well, my Asian grocer sells it in large or small bags and even loose pick n mix style :)
Amazing places, always enthralled in the produce whenever I visit :o

W

©2024 Curry Recipes