Author Topic: CBM Little India Chicken Vindaloo  (Read 12389 times)

Offline Curry Barking Mad

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
CBM Little India Chicken Vindaloo
« on: April 25, 2012, 09:06 PM »
Hi All,
I have finally managed to get round to editing the Chicken Vindaloo video from Little India.
Chef Baba's Vindaloo is quite a simple affair with no great surprises.
I hope you enjoy the video.
Clink on the link below.
Cheers,
Mick
Little India Chicken Vindaloo

Offline Micky Tikka

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: CBM Little India Chicken Vindaloo
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 09:22 PM »
well done again
They make it look so simple
Just makes you want to cook curry :)

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 09:34 PM »
Quite surprising how brief the cooking of the powdered spices and Tom paste is, given the pan seems cold to begin. Mind you, that's a powerful burner I guess and the Tom pur

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 10:42 PM »
Another good video Mick.  He makes it look so simple.  In fact it seems very "slowboat" with the exception of the tomato paste / spice frying which is done very quickly and not with a huge flame either :-\.  I wondering how tasty that vindaloo actually was?  I like the addition of the "chicken stock" for added flavour.

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 09:16 AM »
Another good video Mick.  He makes it look so simple.  In fact it seems very "slowboat" with the exception of the tomato paste / spice frying which is done very quickly and not with a huge flame either :-\.  I wondering how tasty that vindaloo actually was?  I like the addition of the "chicken stock" for added flavour.

Anyone watching any video or looking at any photo obviously could question the final taste if it differs from what they believe gives a  certain taste but I can only tell you it tasted great mate, good flavour and a terrific punch and the restaurant sells a lot of them.
It is worth remembering his base gravy is very tasty in it's own right and this shows through in the reduced finished curry.
Cheers,
Mick

Online martinvic

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 12:51 PM »
Hi Mick
Great Video once again.

Can I ask if that was Methi leaves or powder?

I'd always presume leaves, but it just didn't look like them, to me, when added in the vid. :-\

Cheers
Martin

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 01:14 PM »
Hi Mick
Great Video once again.

Can I ask if that was Methi leaves or powder?

I'd always presume leaves, but it just didn't look like them, to me, when added in the vid. :-\

Cheers
Martin

Hi Martin,
It was leaves mate,
Mick

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 02:50 PM »
Hi CBM, i do like watching the videos you post on here, with the ingredients on the video itself, it helps a lot when actually cooking that certain dish, helping you by knowing when, how and length of time to cook certain ingredients. Also when writing the recipe down as well it makes me pay that little more attention.

I do the same thing by using my own garlic oil when making a vindaloo because you need a very smooth sauce, well in my region any way, West Midlands.
Also he's not shy with the chicken.
Cheers.

Offline Whandsy

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 04:03 PM »
Hi mick,

Are you setled on all the curries you make now or do you still experiment with different bases and recipes posted on here (and elsewhere) such as the recent zaal experience and the C2G stuff, and whilst it's being discussed on another thread, can you get consistant results?

Apologies if its off topic but as its your thread, maybe it'll be excused this time ;)

Wayne

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2012, 05:14 PM »
Hi mick,

Are you setled on all the curries you make now or do you still experiment with different bases and recipes posted on here (and elsewhere) such as the recent zaal experience and the C2G stuff, and whilst it's being discussed on another thread, can you get consistant results?

Hi Wayne,
I do still experiment quite a bit,
There are some things that come along that I don't try just because I know there is nothing new in it for me or I have tried it before along my curry journey.
But as I have said elsewhere....the learning continues. :)
Cheers,
Mick

©2024 Curry Recipes